Island Princess - Pottery Classes

DMorris

I found these post by doing a search.

Ceramics @ Sea ($6 - $30 per piece)

We took the pottery throwing class. We had a great time. The class was held in a deck area overlooking the covered pool on the Island. I think the class was $25. We got to make a small bowl. Then later in the cruise we went to the studio to paint the bowls. We also bought plates and painted those too. At the end fo the cruise there was a champagne pick up party. We all got to see all of the pottery made and enjoy a nice glass of champagne. I think the class was worth the money and it was a fun, new activity to enjoy on the cruise.

On sailaway day....information and signup for the pottery course was from 6 to 7pm in the artium lobby. They held their classes in the upper level of the Lotus pool (usually in the afternoon). Cost was $20 per half hour or $35 per hour. Then a couple days later they would meet and paint/decorate what they had made (there were additional fees that varied depending on what you wanted to do). It looked really fun and the group quite small. If this sounds like something you'd like to do...I say "Go for it!" After all vacations are to have fun.

Archived