Majesty to Dock in Chioggia Instead of Venice

Just noticed that Majesty is due to dock in Chioggia instead of Venice for Adriatic Explorer 14 September cruise. I'm guessing this is down to the report at the beginning of the summer season that said some of Thomson's cruises would be changed with the new Venice restrictions.

Chioggia is an hour away from Venice.

Is this the first time docking in Chioggia instead of Venice or has it happened before? I wonder if this will become a common thing in the future?

Edited by Sailaway487

Just noticed that Majesty is due to dock in Chioggia instead of Venice for Adriatic Explorer 14 September cruise. I'm guessing this is down to the report at the beginning of the summer season that said some of Thomson's cruises would be changed with the new Venice restrictions.

Chioggia is an hour away from Venice.

Is this the first time docking in Chioggia instead of Venice or has it happened before? I wonder if this will become a common thing in the future?

that just about ruins Venice as a destination. Not having the sail in and out plus the chance to explore on your own and it is not Venice.

ps - i have Adriatic sharms booked for 9 Oct next year. It says Venice on my booking paperwork and if i find out it is not actually going there I will be cancelling and demanding a full refund with legal action :mad:

Think you will find this is a one-off. September is a big month for the Venetians with the Film Festival, Gondola Regatta, as well as other events being held, so possibly no room for cruise ships as the docks and marinas will be full of snazzy yachts.:eek:

Think you will find this is a one-off. September is a big month for the Venetians with the Film Festival, Gondola Regatta, as well as other events being held, so possibly no room for cruise ships as the docks and marinas will be full of snazzy yachts.:eek:

That makes sense then.

I wonder if Thomson has told customers they're not docking in Venice? Also, will they run a free shuttle service to Venice do you think?

I think that it is a one-off. We are on Majesty the week before and I have just checked the Venice cruise terminal log list and we are scheduled to be in Venice on the 8th. Majesty is also logged in for the 22nd but no ships are logged in for the week in-between

that just about ruins Venice as a destination. Not having the sail in and out plus the chance to explore on your own and it is not Venice.

ps - i have Adriatic sharms booked for 9 Oct next year. It says Venice on my booking paperwork and if i find out it is not actually going there I will be cancelling and demanding a full refund with legal action :mad:

You'll be lucky! We tried that when they cancelled Ukrain for obvious reasons, and dumped us in Constanta. We had the option of changing the cruise for £50 or cancelling and losing our deposit, AI etc. good luck with that one!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That makes sense then.

I wonder if Thomson has told customers they're not docking in Venice? Also, will they run a free shuttle service to Venice do you think?

Free is not in Thomsons vocabulary.

Free is not in Thomsons vocabulary.

Courtesy not in their vocabulary either.

We have been waiting for a response to a query/complaint since March.

After the initial standard letter saying they will respond within 28 days and two further emails from me regarding the matter. Still waiting !!!

They hope you will just give up and forget about it......We won't !!!

Good luck with it Dave.

Courtesy not in their vocabulary either.

We have been waiting for a response to a query/complaint since March.

After the initial standard letter saying they will respond within 28 days and two further emails from me regarding the matter. Still waiting !!!

Good luck with it Dave.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it. i might even cancel anyway, October next year is a long way away and who knows what might happen between then and now. My thoughts now are turning to whether i do a P&O world cruise segment in spring 2016. If i do i might cancel a cruise or so to gather some funds.

They do hope that, but a lot of people these days will think the same when it comes to future bookings, they'll give up, forget about it and book with another company.

Sadly, I believe it's the only way the company will learn. Prices have gone up. customer service down and they seem to forget they have a lot of competition out there in the cruise market, with the others now offering much more value for money!

Thank you, I am trying to find out how to get to Venice from Chioggia, it seems quite complicated. Thomson'S excursion is 50 each and it really is just taking you to Venice with a half hour gondola ride, then you are on your own. Would rather do myself. Can anyone help?

I was led to believe that there was a courtesy bus from the ships berth in Chioggia into Venice itself, or so it says in the letter we received.

I note BIGJAN that you are from Falkirk, that is where my Mother-in-law hails from she and a few others in the family are all on the Majesty next week, small world as they say!

Hello

Yes from Falkirk. It is a small world. Might be a few familiar faces then. I asked local Thomson shop re this and they couldn't advise. The distance is about 50 minutes. Will wait till I am on the ship then. Courtesy bus would be great.