Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport

decal

I am booked at the Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport (Richmond) for one night pre-cruise in September. Was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a drug store or grocery or convenience store near this hotel. If so, is it within walking distance? I generally buy diet cokes to take on board.:D

I am booked at the Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport (Richmond) for one night pre-cruise in September. Was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a drug store or grocery or convenience store near this hotel. If so, is it within walking distance? I generally buy diet cokes to take on board.:D

There are no stores close by. There is a shopping mall about 30 minute walk east that might have a grocery store . About a 20 west there is a gas station that might have diet cokes.

The Holiday Inn is in a semi commercial area . There is a Costco right across the street from the Hotel.

It is a bit retail challenged, I not aware of any grocery, drug stores or "C" stores nearby. If you can handle the size Costco sells and are a member then that may work for you. Otherwise you could stop at a Safeway on the way to the ship or head out to one of the drug stores near Canada Place like London Drugs or Pharmasave. There is a Pharmasave in the domestic area of YVR that could also be the answer for you.

Not much at all near that hotel, unless you want to buy a new [bMW] Mini.

How are you getting downtown? There are plenty of places to stop along the way that might fit the bill. If you're taking Skytrain, get off at Waterfront Station using the exit right on the platform (dont go down the tunnel). Once on Granville Street, walk one block away from W.Hastings, and there's a Rexall drug store at Granville/W.Pender that would fit the bill.

Thanks so much for all the information/suggestions. Unfortunately, I booked a package from the cruise line that includes a transfer to the port. So stopping on the way to the port won't work. HOWEVER, I do have a Costco membership. I assume it will work in Canada? Does anybody know for sure? Depending on when the transportation leaves for the port and when Costco opens, this might work.

Otherwise, I might take a cab EARLY Monday morning to a grocery store. Of course I would need to weigh the cost of the cab fare and the cost of just buying diet cokes on the ship.

In regard to the drug stores close to Canada Place, are any of these within walking distance? In other words, would it be possible to walk over after I drop off my luggage?

Again, thanks so much for all information!

Correct information, Costco hours are:

Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM

Saturday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Yes, your US card will work in Canada

I would be inclined to take the transfer into Canada Place, check my luggage with the porters and then just walk to one of the drug stores noted elsewhere in this thread none of them are more than about 6 blocks away.

Thanks so much for all the information/suggestions. Unfortunately, I booked a package from the cruise line that includes a transfer to the port. So stopping on the way to the port won't work. HOWEVER, I do have a Costco membership. I assume it will work in Canada? Does anybody know for sure? Depending on when the transportation leaves for the port and when Costco opens, this might work.

Otherwise, I might take a cab EARLY Monday morning to a grocery store. Of course I would need to weigh the cost of the cab fare and the cost of just buying diet cokes on the ship.

In regard to the drug stores close to Canada Place, are any of these within walking distance? In other words, would it be possible to walk over after I drop off my luggage?

Again, thanks so much for all information!

If you want to pop to Costco, the quickest/easiest way is check in at the cruise terminal, then walk outside the cruise terminal and use the Skytrain entrance on Howe Street to get to Stadium Station. Exit by going down the stairs (signs for Rogers Place). As soon as you're outside turn right and Costco is right there. Reverse the trip to get back to the cruise terminal. PRice is a single $2.75 transit ticket (which is good for 90 mins).

Could always check out the vending machines at your hotel or the Mini dealership. :)

Here is another twist....go to Mini dealership and ask if you can test drive one. Then go to London Drugs, Safeway, Save on Foods or one of the other grocers that regular sell soft drinks, 3 twelve packs for $10, then return Mini to dealership. The thought crossed my mind to ask if you could ask to test drive the Mini for a week and check it with your luggage and soft drinks.....but nah....I don't think you, your luggage and soft drinks would all fit in the Mini.::D