Zip Lining Labadee ?

Eagle1

Hi, We will be going in February and I was wondering if this is too much for a 66 year old that weighs 225, has a bad back but a lot of heart. Can you control the speed and can you take a camera. Also what is the cost and what did you think of it and would you do it again. Any and all input appreciated. Thanks Ed

I did it about a year and a half ago, It was very cool. I had a GoPro camera on my chest to film it and they had no problem with that. I don't remember if they let you hold a camera in your hand or not. They have you extend your arms and legs when you get to the end of the run to slow you down a little bit before you hit the end. So I kind of think it really doesn't matter if you have a camera or not , but I'm not sure. I believe you get up to around 35 to 40 mph depending on the wind. There is enough slack in the line that you start to slow down when you get to the end, and there are springs on the end of the cable that cushion the stop. They do have weight restrictions, I believe it's more than 65 lbs and less than 250 lbs. You have to weigh at least 65 lbs, otherwise you won't have enough momentum to get to the end of the line. If you don't make it to the end, someone has to walk into the water and throw you a rope to pull you the rest of the way. From the start of the excursion to the end is about 90 min. They get everyone into their gear and then you go down a short zip line, just to get you acquainted with everything. Then they load you into a truck and take you up the hill to the tower. The view from up there is amazing. The ride down the line takes about 45 seconds. I think the cost is $95. I did it with my son, my daughter was not heavy enough at the time. If she wanted to do it I would go again, but I would not go by myself again, do to the price. ImageUploadedByForums1409575570.172527.jpg.385aacc24f3f8f900a81536d5e33b5eb.jpg

Aft Cabins Rule