Compliment on Princess OBC Efficiency

KLLund

We leave on our SE Asia cruise On Sapphire Princess on Sept 11 and last week we finally got a copy of my husbands DD214 from the Army for his discharge during the Vietnam War.

I emailed it to my TA and she sent me a link to a form to fill out which I did ane emailed that to her also.

It was about 20 minutes later that I got an email from her telling me that I had the Military OBC as well as the Stockholdr OBC that had already been posted. I looked at my Personalizer and there it was.

I am pretty impressed with both my TA and Princess .. we need more of that kind of efficiency in todays world and it is certainly possible with the whole world intertwined with computers.

Just thought I would share nice news.

That's great that both OBCs were issued so quickly & now that his veteran OBC has been approved it should be displayed for any online pricing from Princess & viewable on the Cruise Personalizer for any booking.

When this great MOBC program began a couple of years ago we had to apply for each cruise. Since being a veteran never changes they modified the process to only applying once. It's been reported that sometimes the system malfunctions so always confirm that MOBC has been added & that another snafu didn't mess things up. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you Princess for honoring those that fought for our nation. So few remember.

I'd say, any free and democratic nation. ;)

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vanco

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

Not the same here in the UK. Yet again we are experiencing problems getting the military I

Obc recognised as per thread "UK cruisers military credit. Since it was outsourced to India, there have been major problems.

Come on princess, we have sent the qualifying information, just give our veterans what they have,earned.

"

Not the same here in the UK. Yet again we are experiencing problems getting the military I

Obc recognised as per thread "UK cruisers military credit. Since it was outsourced to India, there have been major problems.

Come on princess, we have sent the qualifying information, just give our veterans what they have,earned.

"

Yes, I agree.My partner is a retired Major,having had over 38yrs of service.Now he hopes to have the next 38yrs of cruising !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I had a good experience recently on getting my shareholder OBC processed quickly too. Keep up the good work, Princess.

I am the reverse, took almost 7 weeks, including 1 fax, 4 phone calls and 1 email to get them credited.

Complained to Customer Services who simply replied with a standardised response from which it was obvious that the responder had not even bothered to look into our circumstances and what had gone wrong. The funny thing is that the Customer Services representatives I spoke to on the 4 occasions, all agreed that there was a problem with a "rogue" code which had been applied to my booking and which locked it preventing the credit being applied. The last person I spoke to said there were a couple of other passengers in the same predicament.

This is the first time, usually pretty prompt and from reading some posts the amount can be literally credited in minutes after sending the fax.

My question here is really how soon before a cruise do you apply for the obc. I know you can't before 90 days nor later than 14 days before the date of sailing, but when do cruisers normally apply?

Edited by The Wilkies

My question here is really how soon before a cruise do you apply for the obc. I know you can't before 90 days nor later than 14 days before the date of sailing, but when do cruisers normally apply?

I submit my request after final payment which generally is 75 days before a cruise. I see no reason to submit a request any earlier to reduce the number of requests from those who cancel before final payment. To me that helps with the efficiency of the process & helps to get SOBC quickly issued. :)

Sadly most of the posts about problems with this seem to be with Princess UK. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

I submit my request after final payment which generally is 75 days before a cruise. I see no reason to submit a request any earlier to reduce the number of requests from those who cancel before final payment. To me that helps with the efficiency of the process & helps to get SOBC quickly issued. :)

I do the same.

Mike:)

Thanks for info. With my TA have to make final payment approx 1 month before final payment is due to Princess. Yes I know I could pay later if booked directly, but generally works out cheaper when booking flights, hotels etc than if booked with Princess. Work on principle you have to pay it sometime!

Normally send fax approx 80 days in advance, will do about 70 days in the future, even though sending too early was never mentioned as the reason for the delay.