Soft Launch for New MSC Booking Platform

anniegb

Great news for travel agents,,wonder if we might be 18 months away from a redeveloped website???:mad::mad:

Apologies - I should have mentioned this as well. The existing trade UK web site will close at end of November 2014.

Just a thought maybe they want us to book via Travel Agents only in the future??

Annie

Edited by anniegb

MSC Cruises UK and Ireland executive director Giles Hawke said: “We promised the new booking system when we launched our ‘Serving You’ programme and we have delivered it as planned.

Unlike the one promised for Customers more than 12 months ago! by Mr Vago.

With them allowing TA`s to book services as they do now such as the spa etc it looks like yet another way of denying people points for onboard spending.

Edited by sidari

Apologies - I should have mentioned this as well. The existing trade UK web site will close at end of November 2014.

Just a thought maybe they want us to book via Travel Agents only in the future??

Annie

I hope not Annie!!! I finally have a PVC at MSC who answers my calls,,takes care of any and all of our requests, and lets me know of any special offers MSC may be doing. If this becomes the case,,I'll just pay the piper and book all of my excursions, spa treatments, drink packages onboard to get those points!!!

I booked an MSC cruise today by phone because I needed them to apply a discount other than my MSC club discount.

It's sad to say I had to talk the CSR through everything step-by-step. He was a lovely fella but absolutely terrible. I gave him my house number and he repeated back a different number. I had to confirm everything three times before anything sank in and the entire experience was very painful.

And I haven't even got an email confirmation of my booking yet.

Well they have 18 months to send it. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope not Annie!!! I finally have a PVC at MSC who answers my calls,,takes care of any and all of our requests, and lets me know of any special offers MSC may be doing. If this becomes the case,,I'll just pay the piper and book all of my excursions, spa treatments, drink packages onboard to get those points!!!

It looks like Europe is the test bed for the new system - so I think you are OK.

Annie

It looks like Europe is the test bed for the new system - so I think you are OK.

Annie

Oh good Annie!!! Please let us know if MSC discontinues their online booking in the UK. I'm a control freak, and leaving my vacation plans in the hands of a travel agent makes me a bit uneasy.