Vision Class Ships - added fee restaurants

RCI is in the process of a major fleet modernization with the goal of upgrading the amenities of the older ships to be more in line with those that came out on the newer vessels. As each goes in for their "major" dry-dock you can expect them to have the alternative restaurants etc added.

The next Vision class to be stretched is Grandeur but no date has been announced yet. Following that would be Vision and Rhapsody but not before Majesty gets a major overhaul like Monarch and Sovereign.

I'll be sailing LOS for Thanksgiving. Does this ship have any choice in dining besides the regular dining room and Windjammer Cafe?

:) My husband and I have just returned from a Mediterranean cruise onboard the Legend of the Seas and had an amazing time..During that cruise we only had half the evening meals in the dining room..the rest in the windjammer. Breakfast mainly while in port and only twice went to the afternoon teas..and that was when we missed the lunch..couldn't even eat the late night buffets as we had late dinner seating...we felt there was so much food and so much choice and find it very hard to understand the need for more restaurants and more food?? The best part for me was being on the beautiful ship..sitting in the windjammer at breakfast or dinner and having a panoramic view like the French Riviera in front of you..people coming out in small boats to admire you and feeling like a millionaire..the worst part was eating a fraction of what other people ate and Still Finding I WAS FAT and THEY WERE THIN...:p

:) .we felt there was so much food and so much choice and find it very hard to understand the need for more restaurants and more food?? The best part for me was being on the beautiful ship..sitting in the windjammer at breakfast or dinner and having a panoramic view like the French Riviera in front of you..people coming out in small boats to admire you and feeling like a millionaire..the worst part was eating a fraction of what other people ate and Still Finding I WAS FAT and THEY WERE THIN...:p

Our problem is that there are a few menu's that RCI serves for dinner that we don't care for. Venetian night comes to mind very quickly as there isn't anything there either of us care for. We don't care for buffets for dinner so the extra venues for dinner, even if it's at an additional charge, are nice to have.

As for Europeans being thin, they walk or bike everywhere. The towns were laid out centuries before motorized transportation was available and, they've suffered with $3 to $5 per gallon gas prices for many years now whereas we in the US are only seeing gas above $2 for the first time in many parts of the country.

If the US cities were laid out better and public transportation was more efficient, I bet we'd shed some of those unwanted pounds as well.

yeah, a 45minute drive to work hardly allows for the choice to walk instead!:eek: LOL Even my grocery store is 5 miles away. I hardly think I'd walk there (or bike) and try to bring home more than 1 bag of groceries!

Our problem is that there are a few menu's that RCI serves for dinner that we don't care for. Venetian night comes to mind very quickly as there isn't anything there either of us care for. We don't care for buffets for dinner so the extra venues for dinner, even if it's at an additional charge, are nice to have.

As for Europeans being thin, they walk or bike everywhere. The towns were laid out centuries before motorized transportation was available and, they've suffered with $3 to $5 per gallon gas prices for many years now whereas we in the US are only seeing gas above $2 for the first time in many parts of the country.

If the US cities were laid out better and public transportation was more efficient, I bet we'd shed some of those unwanted pounds as well.

I have actually been living in the UK for 24 years as my husband is English...I am originally from Hollywood, near Miami, in Florida. Sorry to say that here in England the car is just as essential as in the USA. People have stopped walking and cycling (it's not safe on the roadways as we have no cycle paths) Our gasolene prices are now around $7 or more..just had another increase. This doesn't deter drivers at all and most families have 2 cars, and are quite decent models as well, no junk. Laws are quite strict here as far as inspections, tax, insurance etc. Our buses are OK, but trains are riddled with problems..running late..not clean..safety issues.. etc. My son has a car, my daughters boyfriends, and now my daughters are in the process of taking their driving tests. There are often 5 cars or more in our driveway..only 1 is ours..I never learned how to drive!!

Archived