Port 1-7 would you do Melia?

Swayde

I want to visit Cable Beach because it looks so lovely and there is a chance to see some marine life while snorkeling. We have our own gear for snorkeling. I'm just worried about the times our ship is in port... 1pm to 7pm seems pretty short to me for a beach day plan. Would you still think Melia is worth it for a day pass so my parents can enjoy the pool and shade? Would it be better to just use a public access to Cable Beach? How is the beach at the public access locations? Is it $30 a person nicer in front of Melia? We do plan to take the bus so that will help keep the cost down, especially when compared to the Carnival beach excursions offered. Due to the port time it should be easy to eat a large meal before getting off the ship and not need to eat off the ship unless we see something we'd like to try. The daiquiri shack I've read about across from the resorts is definitely appealing.

Trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible while still having a nice time. This was a very unexpected trip and so we weren't able to budget much for excursions.

We did the day pass for an afternoon (when it was still Sheraton) and thought it was worth it. Our ship got in at 12 so we had about 4 hours at the hotel.

I would suggest taking a taxi to get there instead of a bus because it would be quicker. And you'll need to leave the hotel by 5:30.

Also, I'm not sure you'll get to see much while snorkeling but they do have some kayaks, paddleboats, floats and things like that.

From what I've read, there aren't really any nice public areas on Cable Beach. You could go to Junkanoo Beach. It is public, within walking distance of the port and has bathrooms, you can rent lounge chairs or buy drinks at the bar. Or you could go to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island (next to Atlantis). The main disadvantages to Cabbage Beach are the lack of restrooms and sometimes the water can be dangerously rough. Definitely no snorkeling there!

I think that by the time you rent lounge chairs and an umbrella at a public beach, you might as well go to Melia.

Just to clarify - we normally would take the bus in Nassau but I suggested a taxi because your hours are so short and a taxi would get you there faster.

We'll be in Nassau this weekend and I'm hoping to check out the Daquiri Shack too. It looks wonderful.

There is a small reef built up to the left of the beach, DH saw fish, but the waters have been rough both times we were there, so not so easy, but the pools and hot tubs are wonderful. And that's where we have spent the majority of our time. Yes, I agree, eat your lunch on the ship, Grab a cab, although the bus does not take long at all, We have done this, via the bus, and on our last trip, when DH fell while walking to the bus, and sprained his ankle, we did a day room, and took the cab back. We did not stop and shop or stop at any bar, but we had plenty of time to enjoy one of our most beautiful days on a cruise. Have fun.