Need Info on Island Princess

bubbalu

I am planning the 14 day trip to Hawaii on the Island Princess. I am trying to figure out what type of room to book. While the Island is a "sun class" ship, the rooms appear to be completely different than those on the Sun Princess ie., the mini-suite on the Sun Princess is the Suite on the Island Princess. Even the balconies on the Island seem smaller. I know descriptions and the pictures on the web can be misleading, so would appreciate hearing from anyone that has been on both the Island and the Sun and can provide me with the differences between the two regarding their suites, mini's and balconies. Needless to say, regardless of the room size, I'm going to have an awesome time. I'm just trying to make the best possible decision for my DH and myself. Thanks in advance!:D

Princess is misleading people when they lump the Island & Coral Princess into the Sun class on their website and some brochures.

They are of entirely different design, different hulls, different passenger loads, different builders, etc.

There are many threads re the Island & Coral Princess, which have plenty of good information.

It is true that the minis on Sun class are (almost) equivalent of full suites on other ships in the fleet, but generally, balconies on Sun class are smaller.

I've been in minis on both Sun & Coral (sister to Island), and while I liked the room better on the Sun, the balcony on Coral was larger.

The Coral and Island Princess are in a class of their own (despite what Princess has on their website).

The rooms are pretty similiar to the Grand class ships. For example - the minisuites on the Coral/Island are laid out identical to the Grand/Golden/Star while the Sun Princess's minisuites are more like suites on the Grand class. Balconies on the Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess are incredibly small - the Coral and Island Princess will have larger balconies then the Sun and Dawn Princess.

Archived