New to Norwegian, Confused about Stateroom Assignment

2ferfun

So, we are super-excited to take our first Norwegian cruise next June! We are longtime Princess cruisers but couldn't resist the itinerary and price of this one. I do have a question, though. We booked an inside guarantee and were super excited to be assigned to a porthole ocean view. However, we are a family of four (clearly shows four on our booking) but we were assigned to what appears to be a three person room. Is this possible? The deck plans seem to indicate that the room is for three person occupancy but we clearly have four people booked. Would the system even allow this? Could the deck plans be wrong? Any advice? We love the upgrade but obviously need a place for all four of us to sleep!

(The cabin is 6506 on the Norwegian Spirit if that helps any.)

The deck plans shows three person occupancy for that cabin (filled in triangle). Call NCL or your TA to get clarification. If it does hold four people, the fourth bed is most likely a trundle bed that is stored under one of the other beds. When it is out, your cabin will be wall-to-wall beds.

Edited by lax19

So, we are super-excited to take our first Norwegian cruise next June! We are longtime Princess cruisers but couldn't resist the itinerary and price of this one. I do have a question, though. We booked an inside guarantee and were super excited to be assigned to a porthole ocean view. However, we are a family of four (clearly shows four on our booking) but we were assigned to what appears to be a three person room. Is this possible? The deck plans seem to indicate that the room is for three person occupancy but we clearly have four people booked. Would the system even allow this? Could the deck plans be wrong? Any advice? We love the upgrade but obviously need a place for all four of us to sleep!

(The cabin is 6506 on the Norwegian Spirit if that helps any.)

looking at the information online, I would call them and ask them about this. it does look like 3 is the max for this cabin.

Strange. Good thing you noticed it with plenty of time to spare.

If you used a TA, contact the TA. If you booked direct, call NCL.

Sadly, you will probably lose that upgrade (porthole cabins on that ship seem to hold three). Still, you need four beds much more than you need a porthole.

Let us know how it turns out.

Called NCL and first rep was not very helpful, would only say that if I was put in the room with four people on the booking then the room could handle four people. When I pressed her as to why the deck plans showed it was a three person room, she said that "there might only be three beds, but surely one of your kids wont mind sleeping on the floor!" YIKES!:eek:

In my experience when you get a rep like this it is best to call back and try again. Second rep was super helpful and said that it is possible that there is a 2nd fold down from the wall or that there would be a trundle that could be set up. She is going to confirm exactly what it is and call me back. If I dont hear back in a few days, I will call again!

At least I have plenty of time to figure this out. This gives me something to do other than read cruise critic obsessively!! :D

I can't speak about that exact room, but we were on the Spirit one time on the 10th floor and my parents had a room on the 6th floor that appeared to be for 3 people, with 2 lower beds and the bunk that pulled down from the wall. I was helping them unpack and put away their suitcases and when I tried to slide one suitcase under one of the beds it felt solid under there so I pulled up the bed skirt and found there was a trundle bed under there. So the room slept 4 and I'm guessing that's what you might find as well.

But for a rep to suggest that your child probably wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor is just plain terrible! :eek:

I can't speak about that exact room, but we were on the Spirit one time on the 10th floor and my parents had a room on the 6th floor that appeared to be for 3 people, with 2 lower beds and the bunk that pulled down from the wall. I was helping them unpack and put away their suitcases and when I tried to slide one suitcase under one of the beds it felt solid under there so I pulled up the bed skirt and found there was a trundle bed under there. So the room slept 4 and I'm guessing that's what you might find as well.

But for a rep to suggest that your child probably wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor is just plain terrible! :eek:

Was that an inside cabin on deck 6 or an OV cabin on deck 6?