Silhouette bed position

caribophile

We're looking at cabin choices on the Silhouette for our next cruise. Is there any way to tell when looking at the deck plans which cabins have the beds next to the balcony?

I believe that if the deck plan shows a sofa bed or upper berth in the room the bed is by the bath, if no sofa bed the bed is by the balcony.

We're looking at cabin choices on the Silhouette for our next cruise. Is there any way to tell when looking at the deck plans which cabins have the beds next to the balcony?

Yes, look for a square and/or triangle (sofa bed/upper berth). Those staterooms will always have bed by the bath. From there, count every other one - bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc., as they all alternate.

If you are looking at an AQ cabin, which do not have sofa beds or upper berths, just look on the deck plans at a deck or two below as they are all mirror images of each other.

Hope that helps.

In addition to the tips above: There is a "sticky" thread at the top of the Celebrity forum here on Cruise Critic with S class cabin information. The first post in that thread also has a link to a spreadsheet with cabin information. Many cabins are listed and if the cabin you are interested is not then you might be able to find one close and figure it out on the deck plan as every other cabin alternates.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Have sailed on both S & M Class Ships, and have come to the following conclusion.

Bed By Balcony is nice if there is forever only going to be the 2 of us in the cabin... Especially like being in the cabin with the door propped open and hearing the waves

(Ya I know... It is against the rules. Still like it tho)

Prefer a Bed By Bath is nice if you have an oversized Balcony... And plan to entertain on the cruise

Means your guests don't have to awkwardly scoot by the end of your bed to get out the door... And with the sofa / seating area near by makes for a better flow of traffic, more seating options... And 2 indoor tabletops (desk & coffee) to use to organize items nearby... Such as drinks, eats, sunglasses, sunscreen, hats etc

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This is how I look at it. If I am at home, or in a hotel, and I can either have a balcony off my living room or off my bedroom, which one do I prefer? I would choose to have the balcony off my living room every time.

When we had a cabin with the bed by the balcony, it made the cabin feel very closed in. Also you can hear the ocean just as well from either position. The few feet makes no difference. JMO, folks.