Oasis is going to Bermuda...

sharktums

Having been at guest relations when they announced a missed port due to a bad storm and having watched every phone line light up as soon as it was made and then hearing the vitriol coming out of those phones, yes I would not be surprised if someone asked for compensation just for being diverted, even if they aren't late into any ports.

We cruised shortly after 9/11 and had to go out of Balt. rather than NYC. Yep, people complained, and so much, that Celebrity gave everyone a 25% discount on their next cruise.

I don't know how you got what you got from questions about ship speed and delays, etc. I too think you are reading a bit more into it than asked. I hope the person evacuated from the ship will be well and recover.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

It seemed very obvious to me that it was more important to maintain schedule than a passenger's welfare. Read the post again.

Oh goodness, hope all goes OK.

This will surely affect the itinerary slightly? Will they need to make a speedy beeline for Spain now?

Sorry, but not seeing compassion at all.

From a friend on board:

All is well here and we have unreal calm seas so far. It's true we made a brief stop off the coast of Bermuda. The islands were on our way anyway, we might have altered the course slightly to get closer.

In the evening, likely between 07:00 and 08:00 (assuming ship time) we briefly stopped and they transferred the patient off to a small boat from Bermuda.

It was rather interesting how they did it. We were surprised they closed off the outside promenade deck, so we went up on my balcony and saw why. They transferred the patient from the promenade onto a lowered life boat and then lowered it further down to sea level and had the boat from Bermuda come alongside of it. The lifeboat was never let lose from the lines, just used as a kind of elevator.

My note between ()

From a friend on board:

All is well here and we have unreal calm seas so far. It's true we made a brief stop off the coast of Bermuda. The islands were on our way anyway, we might have altered the course slightly to get closer.

In the evening, likely between 07:00 and 08:00 (assuming ship time) we briefly stopped and they transferred the patient off to a small boat from Bermuda.

It was rather interesting how they did it. We were surprised they closed off the outside promenade deck, so we went up on my balcony and saw why. They transferred the patient from the promenade onto a lowered life boat and then lowered it further down to sea level and had the boat from Bermuda come alongside of it. The lifeboat was never let lose from the lines, just used as a kind of elevator.

My note between ()

Thank-you relaying the report. Interesting how they transported the patient.

I find it interesting that they say "the world's second largest cruise ship", like there's a noticible difference between Oasis and Allure.

A Bermuda friend sent me this article a short while ago and he has been on Allure so we both quipped about that too :)