Princess Grill

reilly1

Please let me know how you get on as we are in 5002 in December, just identical on the opposite side of the ship. These two rooms seem to be a tiny bit bigger and a different shape to the normal PG cabins. I think we have a bit of a walk to the dining rooms etc but that can be a good thing;) I am really excited about our first PG experience.

Yes, me too! George does not even know we are going on the QV. He thinks we are having a weekend in Southampton! May be a bit tricky packing his Dinner Suit! I had originally booked a standard balcony cabin, but decided to go for it as it is a special occasion. When I phoned yesterday, I was informed that the rooms at the front are slightly larger. Do not mind being situated there. It is always quieter at the very front as there is nobody really passing.

Colleen

You will have a wonderful time in PG! We were in PG last year on the QE (which is very similar to QV). The food is lovely and the waiting staff are very attentive. If the weather is good then spend some time on the grills terrace - the views are lovely. Have afternooon tea in the grills lounge and use the concierge services. Wish we could afford to go grills every time but unfortunately we can't! Beware of geting hooked, it is difficult to go back to Britannia once you have sampled the Grills!

The 'normal" PG cabins on QV & QE are very nice but quite long and narrow. The cabin you have chosen is much "squarer" and the only drawback (for some!) might be that it is at the front of the ship.

Have a lovely cruise!:)

The normal PG cabins on the QV and QE are the same as the mini suites on Princess which we cruised in last year. Not real suites, no suite perks, just normal cabins but bigger. I was so surprised and quite disappointed that Cunard used this design for their PG cabins and not something more special. However the Grills experience overall covers the special I suppose.

Having sailed almost exclusively in PG, I think you will be spoiled by the experience.

But there are exceptions. In July one couple appeared in the PG restaurant on embarkation night but were never seen again. Later, I heard that they didn't care for the menu and preferred to eat in Kings Court.:confused: Stuff like this cannot be made up. I guess the preferred to get fed rather than dine. What a shame as dining sensibly and leisurely was once considered one of life's little pleasures. And an elegant dinner table was not seen as an adversary to be endured.

We weren't enthusiastic about the long narrow PG stateroom and tiny balcony on the QE, compared to the square stateroom with large balcony on the QM2. But we did prefer the location of the PG restaurant and Grills lounge on the QE. The Grills deck space is much larger and better located on the QE than on the QM2. On the QE we did miss the additional Concierge Lounge for Grills passengers. It is, however, easy to be spoiled by the Grills experience on any of the ships.

On a recent transatlantic, we sailed e/b in PG and w/b in Britannia. After several voyages in PG and QG we wondered if we would enjoy the crossing in Britannia. Well, we did and, although we certainly missed the Grills, we just thought of the significant fare saving and we felt we got our money's worth. We are not strangers to sailing in Britannia (or Mauretania as it was more recently called) on the QE2, so we are not totally spoiled.

Just found out today that we've been upgraded to Princess Grill from a Britannia balcony cabin that we booked well over a year ago re: our QE Mediterranean trip this month. A very pleasant surprise indeed. Agreed with the posters that the deck plan shows this grill suite to be long and narrow and not much exciting but is heavily compensated by the hideaway location of the restaurants and terrace on the top of the ship. Looking much forward to the experience.

Hi bramcruiser and well done on the upgrade. Although the PG cabins are long and narrow, they are not any narrower than the standard balcony cabins - they just seem like it because they are longer!
The balconies are not very big but to compensate you have the grills terrace which is lovely when the sun shines!
Enjoy!