Car Rental Information

hunterjackson

I had an issue finding minivans in Skagway. The Avis site said that none were available for next season.

I called the Avis facility in Skagway, and they were able to reserve one for me for next May, send me a confirmation, and give me a killer deal (lower than Sourdough). Great service too.

If you need something specific, just call them and they can help.

In Juneau, It was easily arranged through a local company (Juneau Car rental co). Nice guy, played football for my college team and wife is from the next town over from me. Once again, great phone service and great rates!

Just a little info if you need something specific that the websites don't show as available!

• 5 weeks later...
I had an issue finding minivans in Skagway. The Avis site said that none were available for next season.

I called the Avis facility in Skagway, and they were able to reserve one for me for next May, send me a confirmation, and give me a killer deal (lower than Sourdough). Great service too.

If you need something specific, just call them and they can help.

In Juneau, It was easily arranged through a local company (Juneau Car rental co). Nice guy, played football for my college team and wife is from the next town over from me. Once again, great phone service and great rates!

Just a little info if you need something specific that the websites don't show as available!

Thank you for this information!

I have had the same problem with trying to rent a van on the Avis site.

I have called the Skagway Avis location several times in the past few months....they told me to call back later. So.....I assume that now is the time to call them? I will try again during their business hours this week.

Thank you for this information!

I have had the same problem with trying to rent a van on the Avis site.

I have called the Skagway Avis location several times in the past few months....they told me to call back later. So.....I assume that now is the time to call them? I will try again during their business hours this week.

Avis in Skagway is closed for the season now. You won't be able to reach them again until next May.

I called Skagway Avis and the call was routed to Sitka Avis. I made my reservation for June 2015. Yay!

The Skagway office is still open and they are renting cars. You have a reservation- all that matters. :)