PVP from Carnival called me with a higher price than on line...

snorkler8

I have always booked cruises from the web site or called in.

My question is a PVP called me, I'm guessing because I was looking at cruises on the site while I was logged in. She claims I was seeing the price on line for less because the cabin ( inside) was for a cabin with only bunk beds. She was offering a cabin that had a king size bed. That makes no sense to me. I'm booking for DH and myself in the cabin. Is this true?? It will be on the Triumph in October.

It could be. a few years back when I was looking to book, I called my pvp. he gave me a price, but the price I was looking at was $50 less. It was because the inside I was looking at was the inside with bunks and he was looking at twin/king bed inside. I went with him and spent the extra $50. Then another time my price was $100 less than his. He didn't realize I was an Illinois resident, so that knocked it down $100

If you click on the interior upper/lower, those very well could be bunk beds

Edited by cruise_girl2002

It could be. a few years back when I was looking to book, I called my pvp. he gave me a price, but the price I was looking at was $50 less. It was because the inside I was looking at was the inside with bunks and he was looking at twin/king bed inside. I went with him and spent the extra $50. Then another time my price was $100 less than his. He didn't realize I was an Illinois resident, so that knocked it down $100

If you click on the interior upper/lower, those very well could be bunk beds

So there is no way to know when booking on line if you are getting bunk beds vs king bed??

If you're not 100% sure of what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with booking your cruise through a PVP. All the prices that you see on the Carnival are available through a PVP, but he/she can answer your questions, explains the different promotions and cabin categories, offer you a wider selection of cabins than the handful that you see online, and shed a bit of light on why a cabin may be priced differently.

Also, PVP's can extend promotions that require eligibility verification and thus can't be booked online. For example, I qualify for an interline rate. It's usually a couple hundred dollars cheaper than anything found on the Carnival website. My PVP already has all of my credentials stored, which makes the verification and booking process very simple. :) I wonder how many people give extra money away to Carnival because they will only book their cruise online and refuse to talk to a live person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

So there is no way to know when booking on line if you are getting bunk beds vs king bed??

Yes but if you are booking an interior for the lowest price chances are it is a bunk. It will give you different types of rooms in the booking and will usually give a price per day higher pp for the next higher interior room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The cabins with bunkbeds are called 1As. They will show as the lowest line on Carnival online booking system and are usually a bit lower than booking normal Interior cabins. Your options should say Upper/Lower, Interior, Interior with Picture Walkway, etc.

Also, When you select the cabin in the online booking system it will tell you that there are two twins, two twins that convert to a kind OR if there are two separate beds (usually sofa and a twin or pullman and a twin).

Edited by Carnival_Brides

For our upcoming cruise I was online literally getting ready to hit the button to book when the phone rang. I jokingly said to my wife that it was Carnival and asked her to pick it up. Guess what.... it was a PVP from Carnival. He denied that he knew we were online booking and said it was a fluke. But, after talking with him and going through what cabin we had chose on the Lido he said he had the same cabin $10 cheaper on his end. We logged off the Carnival site and let him book it for us.... Hey, $10 is $10 thats a free drink:D

Edited by floridabum

I work for a Mail Catalog who also has 2 stores for my 2nd job. You know when you are on a website, ex: clothing and there is a link that says, "to chat" click here, or a pop-up comes up saying, "Hi, I'm so n so, can I help you with any questions?"

Well, I'm pretty sure when carnival calls you after you have been on their website this is why.... When I'm doing web at that job, there is a box that shows everyone who in on our website, we can click on their that info and click that little box asking them etc etc. and invite to chat, see if they have questions and help them.

So what I'm thinking is, they see your online, look into your profile you have and then call you. I don't get those calls, but that's ok lol. I like looking and dreaming for another cruise and would just have to tell them, thanks, but no thanks, besides I have a PVP. lol

What is an interline rate? I have seem this on cruise critic many times but afraid to ask.

It's a discounted rate offered to employees of transportation related businesses and organizations. Most commonly offered to passenger airline employees like Delta, American and United, but also offered to Amtrak, cargo airlines like FedEx and UPS, employees of reservation engines like Galileo and Sabre, members of ALPA, the FAA, air traffic controllers, etc.

I'm a pilot for a major airline, and the interline rate has literally saved me thousands of dollars over the years. For example, our upcoming cruise on Princess is priced at about 50% less using the interline rate than the rate on the Princess website.

But in addition to interline rates, it's always good to talk to someone live, since you may qualify for another discounted rate and not even know about it. Some cruise lines periodically offer discounts to teachers, firefighters, law enforcement, EMT, etc in addition to the more common senior citizen and military discounts. It really doesn't hurt to call and ask. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi