Our Lovely Liberty cruise (with pics) 8/9/14

Jamman54

Really enjoying your report, especially the photos. A couple of questions....

How was the Salmon? Was it good? We eat a lot of fish here at the house.

Was the Blackjack 6:5 or did it pay 3:2 for a Blackjack?

I like to order a BLT and a Turkey sandwich from room service before I crash. I put the two together for a club sandwich. Top that off with the chocolate cake and I sleep like a baby dreaming about double downs and splits.

You are my hero. 15 drinks one day and up the next day starting all over. It reminds me of my younger days in Vegas.

Looking forward to more of your report.

Really enjoying your report, especially the photos. A couple of questions....

How was the Salmon? Was it good? We eat a lot of fish here at the house.

Was the Blackjack 6:5 or did it pay 3:2 for a Blackjack?

I like to order a BLT and a Turkey sandwich from room service before I crash. I put the two together for a club sandwich. Top that off with the chocolate cake and I sleep like a baby dreaming about double downs and splits.

You are my hero. 15 drinks one day and up the next day starting all over. It reminds me of my younger days in Vegas.

Looking forward to more of your report.

I enjoyed the salmon and Patti liked it also. It is one of the items that is on the menu everyday.

At the time all the tables were still paying 3:2 for blackjack. It is my understanding that the $25 dollar tables will remain 3:2.

I hit the max on 3 out of 4 sea days, and it really isn't that hard when you figure that I usually started at 10 am and was up until 1 am most nights.

I enjoyed the salmon and Patti liked it also. It is one of the items that is on the menu everyday.

At the time all the tables were still paying 3:2 for blackjack. It is my understanding that the $25 dollar tables will remain 3:2.

I hit the max on 3 out of 4 sea days, and it really isn't that hard when you figure that I usually started at 10 am and was up until 1 am most nights.

Thanks for the response. We will be on her this Sunday and your review came at a great time. You have a beautiful family and they all look like they had a great time. So many people seem to sit on the sidelines it is refreshing to see somebody belly up for all they can get at the banquet of life.

Thanks for the response. We will be on her this Sunday and your review came at a great time. You have a beautiful family and they all look like they had a great time. So many people seem to sit on the sidelines it is refreshing to see somebody belly up for all they can get at the banquet of life.

Enjoy your cruise! She is a GREAT ship!

Cripes, Jamman. I think I am "about" your age, LOVE food and LOVE LOVE adult beverages and hardly ever sleep, esp on cruises because I don't want to "waste my time sleeping" but you put me to shame. :o I don't think I would be able to keep up with you! :eek: You are MY HERO. CRUISE ON and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE! :D;)

I have to say i have never seen rabbit on the menu. My kin in the hills of east kentucky would love that. Lol

I am still trying to get used to duck. DH orders the duck app and I always feear when he puts his knife in I will hear...well, you know! :eek: And frogs legs. Honestly expect them to hop off the plate. :eek::eek: I honestly think I should become a vegan. :confused::confused:

I didn't know it was so recent. I'm soooo sorry!! (We lost our son to an accidental hanging---trying to play a joke on his sister and her friend. Due to how it occurred, it was determined an accident). We had friends who sent us to Destin, FL to their beach home there. It was only five weeks after the accident (end of July). It helped to heal some there but there were many tears shed. As much as it helped, coming home was the toughest part. Just know it WILL get easier. Everyone heals at different paces and grief is as unique as the person. I think when I was in your phase, my biggest issue was just wanting to know there would be a day where I would finally feel happiness again. I got sick to death of these grief books written by moms who were 12-15 years out and still stuck in grief....bitter, and angry at God. That's NOT the norm. Cruises will get better and better again. You just have plow head first through the process. Compassionate Friends is a good group if you can find a local good group. Some are better than others. We went through Grief Share. It helped the most (we are Christians and their program seems more uplifting than CF). Just some thoughts and ideas. Keep on cruising!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

sorry to hijack- but your advice is helpful.I am going to a visitation tomorrow of sons BF (21) also a sudden tragedy & wonder what can I say that helps a parent?

Following your review & feel I am virtually there.

I am totally enjoying your vacation and looking forward to reading about your day in Aruba.

I will turn 50 there next January on the Liberty.:p

Hubby proposed on a Carnival Cruise back in 05.

We just celebrated another Anniversary on 9/11/14.

That's the day we buried our beloved Niece. She was 34 and left behind 4 beautiful children, age 1-11. The 11 year old was our beautiful flower girl in our wedding. Just so sad.

Our Niece was brutally shot by her Ex-boyfriend. The 11 year old saw it all.

I really feel connected to your loss. I remember that day exactly as it was my husbands B-Day. I am so sorry.

I feel deeply saddened for you. I am sure you have many fond memories. I know we do and remembering them helps keep her spirit alive.

Looking forward to the rest of your vacation. And know that your writing is very therapeutic for me.

I am anxiously waiting for this phone call.:eek: My youngest son and his girlfriend are going to make me a Grandma very soon.

False alarm last night at Hospital but they said could be 4 hours, could be 4 days.

I appreciate all of your time you are putting into this thread. I'm loving it.

Mary

sorry to hijack- but your advice is helpful.I am going to a visitation tomorrow of sons BF (21) also a sudden tragedy & wonder what can I say that helps a parent?

Following your review & feel I am virtually there.

A lot of people said to us that they didn't know what to say, and I fully understood, because I wouldn't know what to say. There are no words. For us, just the fact that you came and paid respects, was the greatest comfort.

I have to say i have never seen rabbit on the menu. My kin in the hills of east kentucky would love that. Lol

I am still trying to get used to duck. DH orders the duck app and I always feear when he puts his knife in I will hear...well, you know! :eek: And frogs legs. Honestly expect them to hop off the plate. :eek::eek: I honestly think I should become a vegan. :confused::confused:

I was so surprised when the rabbit showed up on the menu. I usually like to try this sort of stuff, but somehow it didn't appeal to me. Imagine our surprise when Ryan, "I only eat chicken", ordered it!!:)

Edited by Jamman54

I am totally enjoying your vacation and looking forward to reading about your day in Aruba.

I will turn 50 there next January on the Liberty.:p

Hubby proposed on a Carnival Cruise back in 05.

We just celebrated another Anniversary on 9/11/14.

That's the day we buried our beloved Niece. She was 34 and left behind 4 beautiful children, age 1-11. The 11 year old was our beautiful flower girl in our wedding. Just so sad.

Our Niece was brutally shot by her Ex-boyfriend. The 11 year old saw it all.

I really feel connected to your loss. I remember that day exactly as it was my husbands B-Day. I am so sorry.

I feel deeply saddened for you. I am sure you have many fond memories. I know we do and remembering them helps keep her spirit alive.

Looking forward to the rest of your vacation. And know that your writing is very therapeutic for me.

I am anxiously waiting for this phone call.:eek: My youngest son and his girlfriend are going to make me a Grandma very soon.

False alarm last night at Hospital but they said could be 4 hours, could be 4 days.

I appreciate all of your time you are putting into this thread. I'm loving it.

Mary

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so sorry that you have to endure such a tragic loss.

This review has been very therapeutic for us, and I am happy that it has allowed some people to open up and talk about these things. We have found that talking about it was the best way to handle our grief, so we didn't shut ourselves in, and immediately we allowed people to visit and talk with us.

I hope my other faithful readers don't mind when the talk turns this way. We can all learn from each other.

Congrats on becoming a Grandmother. It must be a great feeling.

The next segment will be in Aruba, and we have tons and tons of pictures, and videos, to share. Stay tuned!!

I saw on your picture of the towel hut a sign that looked to say lounger reservations. Is that something they do? I've read that the loungers are often taken up by other's belongings on sea days.

(I'm a first time cruiser on the Glory in May)

Thanks in advance.

I saw on your picture of the towel hut a sign that looked to say lounger reservations. Is that something they do? I've read that the loungers are often taken up by other's belongings on sea days.

(I'm a first time cruiser on the Glory in May)

Thanks in advance.

This is the sign you saw. It's meant to discourage chair hogs. (those that put a towel on a lounger, but don't use them, or come back hours later)

CFS179.JPG

This is the sign you saw. It's meant to discourage chair hogs. (those that put a towel on a lounger, but don't use them, or come back hours later)

CFS179.JPG

Oh, boy, I am not sure I should open this can of worms! :eek:Chair hogs, "affectionately" nicknamed CHOGS are one of the worst complaints on a ship. These are passengers who get up early in the morning and put towels, flip flops, books, baseball caps, sunscreen bottles, whatever- on lounge chairs to "save them" for later in the day. So you go out to the pool after breakfast, say about 9am and there is not a lounge chair to be had, BUT you will only see a handful of pax actually SITTING on the chairs. Some of the vacancies are quite innocent; pax going to get something to eat, drink, to use the bathroom, take a swim, but others will be vacant 1/2 the day. :mad: CCL has a 40 minute limit as you can see, but I've only seen it enforced ONCE and that was on our Feb. Splendor cruise. You WILL see some pax taking others things off the lounger after a certain time and I have been witness to many not so nice encounters when the original pax come back to claim their seats! :eek: It is a continuing headache for pax and crew alike. :(:rolleyes:

Welcome to Aruba!!

CL0450.jpg

Well, we aren’t quite there yet, as we are scheduled to arrive at 1pm, and leave at 10pm. Ryan and I will be going on a Jeep Safari Tour, while Patti walks around Oranjestad taking pictures. Later on tonight we will be meeting up with friends who are here on vacation, and go out to dinner.

It is another beautiful sunny day, and the seas are still a little choppy, which meant I slept like a baby last night!

This was going to be just a relaxing morning. After going to Emile’s for an omelet breakfast, then stopping at The Web to check emails, we just hung out until around noon, when we could finally see Aruba in the distance. We grabbed our cameras, and made our way out on the “secret” deck to watch our arrival…..

CL0451.JPG

CL0453.JPG

That’s me shooting some video…..

CL0458.JPG

Here’s a short video clip…..

The Aruba Pilot is coming out to meet us….

CL0459.JPG

Here’s a view of one of Aruba’s beautiful beaches…..

CL0461.JPG

To be continued…..

We are approaching the cruise terminal in Oranjestad, Aruba…..

CL0477.JPG

The tour buses are starting to line up…..

CL0481.JPG

The police are keeping an eye on us from the pier…..

CL0485.JPG

The walkway from the cruise terminal to the street and downtown…..

CL0486.JPG

The Jeep Safari drivers waiting for us to arrive…..

CL0487.JPG

The sign on the cruise terminal wall says it all…..

CL0488.JPG

To be continued…..

Here’s our Cruise Director, Cory Rogers…..

CL0489.JPG

We have arrived in Aruba!!

CL0490.jpg

Here’s the sign for the tour Ryan and I are going on….

CL0491.JPG

Some shots from inside the cruise terminal…..

CL0492.JPG

CL0493.JPG

This is the view when you exit the cruise terminal…..

CL0494.JPG

To be continued…..

There’s our jeep…..

CL0495.JPG

The Safari jeeps are all lined up…..

CL0496.JPG

Ryan and I are ready to go…..

CL0497.JPG

At this time Patti begins her walking tour of Oranjestad. I will completely cover our Safari Jeep tour later on in the review.

The Kukoo Kunuku tour bus…..

CL0498.JPG

The Carnival Liberty docked in Aruba…..

CL0503.JPG

Oranjestad streetcar…..

CL0505.JPG

To be continued…..