Would you pursue this price drop?

momof3cruisers

On Aug 20 for the Past Guest Sale, my room category dropped $160. It was like 10:00 at night, last day of the sale. Took a screen shot, filled out the price reduction form. Next day get a confirmation, I have gotten my price drop.

Except I didn't. They only changed the price by $10. I call my PVP, she's out of the office for a few days, blah blah...what it now comes down o after several days of back and forth, including my having to type up in an email everything I have just told her twice, AND forwarding her the screenshot, also twice..is that she says she talked to her supervisor, she can't get it changed, but if I want to, I can call and ask for a supervisor myself.

Would you pursue or let it go? The cruise is in Dec.

I'd pursue it. Out of principal as well as for the sake of saving the $150. The principal being you deserve it - you earned it by "catching" it. I would try a little harder before I gave up. But at some point, it comes down to the question of is the $150 worth the time and trouble you're putting into it? Good luck!

I would pursue it. It sounds like your PVP isn't the greatest. Go ahead and call a supervisor. They are more likely to want to make you a happy & returning customer.

It sounds like you did everything right. Try to stay upbeat with the Supervisor, but you may need to point out that you did take the right steps but the PVP seemed to have dropped the ball.

I would definitely pursue it. $150 is a lot of money that can be used for fun stuff. It may be too that the taxes and port fees increased, that has happened to me when I thought I was getting an $80 OBC but only got $40. But $150 increase in taxes and fees seems very high.

I would definitely pursue it. $150 is a lot of money that can be used for fun stuff. It may be too that the taxes and port fees increased, that has happened to me when I thought I was getting an $80 OBC but only got $40. But $150 increase in taxes and fees seems very high.

Yeah, I had read on here of that happening so I checked but they stayed the same.

It is a lot of money. I'm frustrated because our PVP used to be really good, but she was just full of excuses on why she didn't get back to me sooner. She also kept trying to tell me that the price wasn't for my category. I pointed out that the screenshot showed exactly the same category AND that I know someone a few doors away who also got that price. she referred a couple of times to me having the FL resident rate...I live in MN.

N6uqqq, I did submit it online. Filled out the form with all the info, but the total was wrong when they confirmed.

Thanks for the encouragement, all. Now, anyone know if supervisors work weekends? :)