Star Princess B626 Balcony Covered or not?

ntvsdgrl

This balcony is completely covered.

The only uncovered balconies on the Grand-class ships are the Dolphin deck mini-suites. The Caribe deck balconies are partially covered but much larger: 5' covered, 4' uncovered x 9' wide.

Okay now I'm confused.

Okay now I'm confused.

About what?

All balconies on the Star are covered except the Dolphin deck and the Caribe deck. The Dolphin deck balconies are uncovered and the Caribe deck balconies are partially covered. The Baja deck cabin you asked about has a covered balcony.

I was in B624 (shared a doorway with 626) on the CB this summer and want you give you a heads-up that may apply to sister ship Star Princess. B624 and B626 were directly across from the crew access doorway that is used to deliver and retrieve luggage. More importantly, the crew doorway is also used for room service deliveries and other things that make a lot of noise, whether it be door slamming or rattling trays of room service goodies. The luggage issue was minor and short lived due to it being only the first day and last evening but room service starts early in the morning every day. A couple of cabins further forward the crew area was busy during the day with what sounded like dishwashing (clanging plates and glasses).

We survived and it did not ruin our cruise by any means but if you can avoid the annoyance, I would try to do so. We won't book in that area again. Good luck!

Edited by Prof96