Motion Sickness Pills

Mybubbles65

I have never been sea sick but always take ginger root pills just in case. I know the ginger pills helps with nausea because I've taken it at home. It really works great for me! I don't think I could take anything that made me sleepy because the gentle rocking of the ship makes me sleepy anyway (at least for the first day or two)! I did not know about ginger being a natural blood thinner though.

Yes. Bonine is one of the brand names for Meclazine.

The original Dramamine is diphenhydramine, which makes you sleepy, paired with a stimulant to counteract the drowsiness (although it doesn't do a good job of it). The NON-DROWSY formula Dramamine (called Non-Drowsy Dramamine or Dramamine II) is Meclazine.

Good to know might take some in case my better half feels off

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote=

The pills on the ship were the generic form of both Bonine and the non drowsy Dramamine II. It is called Meclazine.

You can buy it from any pharmacy here in the USA. It is usually on the shelf right next to the Bonine and Dramamine II since it is the same thing but less expensive.

In our area in California the Meclazine is not on the shelf next to the Dramamine. For some reason it is kept behind the counter and you have to ask for it. It works great for my husband and only costs $6.00 per 100 pills. Try it and enjoy your cruise with no drowsiness.

[quote=

The pills on the ship were the generic form of both Bonine and the non drowsy Dramamine II. It is called Meclazine.

You can buy it from any pharmacy here in the USA. It is usually on the shelf right next to the Bonine and Dramamine II since it is the same thing but less expensive.

In our area in California the Meclazine is not on the shelf next to the Dramamine. For some reason it is kept behind the counter and you have to ask for it. It works great for my husband and only costs $6.00 per 100 pills. Try it and enjoy your cruise with no drowsiness.

The reason it's behind the counter is that if they put it on the shelf at those prices, no one would buy the brand name stuff.