Anyone have the recipe for Canival's Key Lime Pie?

RMcoolX

That looks good. Wish I knew how to post a link, but I don't. Anyway there is a poster here on CC by the name of pineapplegal. She was just on here a day or so ago saying she is back and willing to try to get some recipes for us. Key Lime pie may already be posted on her thread. Do a "search cruise critic" for pineapple gal, or look through the first few pages of threads here and you will find it. Sorry don't know to link, maybe someone else can. Would like to see that recipe too.

Here's the recipe from their book Carnival Creations:

Chilled Key Lime Pie

1 9 inch graham cracker pie shell

1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk

3/4 cup lime juice

1 egg yolk

1/4 tsp grated lime rind

6 TBSP whipping cream whipped

1/8 tsp green food color

1 3/4 tsp unflavored gelatin

1 TBSP water

1 cup whipping cream

2 TBSP powdered sugar

8 lime slices

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake graham cracker pie shell 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

In medium bowl combine condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolk and rind; whisk until well mixed. Set aside. Fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture; fold in food color. In small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over 1 TBSP water to soften; cook over low heat until completely dissolved. Cool slightly. Fold into filling. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until chilled.

In medium bowl beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff. Remove about 2 TBSP. Spread remaining whipped cream over pie filling. Cut pie into 8 slices. Pipe whipped cream rosette on each slice; garnish with lime slice. Store in refrigerator.

Edited by RWolver672
spelling errors

For a different recipe, buy a bottle of Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice and follow the recipe on the bottle. We find it in the grocery store where the drink mixers are located.

This is the recipe we associate with authentic Key Lime pie. :)

A thousand times this. The recipe on the Nellie and Joe's label is AUTHENTIC, Carnival's not so much. Gelatin and food coloring? Eww....:(

Tandemcruzr and Swampbabe..either of you want to share that recipe? Much as I like Carnival's key lime pie, the recipe is more labor intensive than I care for. Thanks.:)

P.S I am in Canada and don't think I can get that brand here.

Edited by SMSACE6

Tandemcruzr and Swampbabe..either of you want to share that recipe? Much as I like Carnival's key lime pie, the recipe is more labor intensive than I care for. Thanks.:)

P.S I am in Canada and don't think I can get that brand here.

This recipe is easy peasy. Nellie and Joe's is typically in the juice aisle of the grocery store. I use a premade graham cracker crust, fill with:

14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk

3 egg yolks

1/2 c. Key lime juice

Blend until smooth, bake at 350 for 15 min. Allow to stand for 10 min., refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped cream.

Eat up

Many thanks! Now that is a recipe that I can do:D Easy Peasy is for me.

Will check out some of our gourmet stores for the lime juice, but I guess I could substitute the same amount of key lime juice from limes. We do get key limes here at certain times of year. Thanks again.:)

Edited by SMSACE6