Not so Live on the Regal Princess - 09/11 to 09/23

IECalCruiser

Probably because we didn't know about it.

BTW, I still consider it extortion.........:cool:

You are right about it being extortion but if it were free,the line would be just as long as ever.I look forward to dry socks when flying out of Chicago in the winter.

The Cabin:

• Yes, the toilet paper is in an awkward locations but it still works. Get over it everyone.

The only thing I could find to comment on is this. When we had lunch with one of the officers on the Royal, he practically swore that the toilet paper setup would be changed on the Regal. LOL. Guess not. :)

We just got off the Regal on Thursday the 11th...wonderful trip. Do yourself a favor and visit with Tihana in Bellini's. She is a fantastic young lady! If you do....tell her "hi" from the Classic Bellini girl and try every Bellini guy. She is so welcoming and a joy to be around.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Re the elevators not stopping when the proper button was pushed: On the Royal in Apr/May we were told that if the elevator was at or near weight capacity it was programmed not to stop. If true, makes a lot of sense, but it's frustrating to see one pass you by.
I was able look down the stairs to see one of the elevators stop on the next floor and there were only three people in the elevator. Also elevators packed to the gills stopped at almost every floor even if the were not passengers there. The elevator programming is a Royal/Regal mess :( :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were interviewed this week and accepted in the Global entry program that gives you 5 years for $100 and includes the TSA Precheck.Why spend $85 for 3 years when you can get 2 programs for slightly more $'s and 2 extra years?
Where was your interview at? Online or someplace in Chicago? Did wait a long time to get an appointment for the interview?

Thanks!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We did Pisa and Florence from Livorno with Bevenuto and had a great driver, Marco. We also did Rome from Civitavecchia with Bevenuto. We were in Rome on a Sunday so we had to concentrate on Roman Empire Rome. Our driver Big Lucca was also good. We chose to have a guide for three hours at the Forum and the Colosseum. Simon was a PhD archeologist and gave us a great tour. We did Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with AP tours from Naples. Because we had 10 people we had a guide for the while day. Francesca had taught at university and gave a very informative tour. I would strongly suggest using guides in Rome and Pompeii. I would recommend these companies without any reservation. If you are doing this itinerary for the first time and want to see it all you will be very tired each evening, much more so than on our Baltic itinerary last year. We then found out we had a medical emergency at home and left the Regal in Mykonos :( The staff on board the Regal were very helpful. Things appear to be improving but we are now in the Athens airport waiting to start our flights home. When things settle down I will post in more detail on what we did and what I think of the Regal.

As a preview, I wanted to love the Regal, but at best it is a love/hate relationship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where was your interview at? Online or someplace in Chicago? Did wait a long time to get an appointment for the interview?

Thanks!

The interview was at the International terminal at Ohare.Checked our email a few days after applying and given a choice of day and times for the next week.They brought us in right at the designated time.Very efficient!

Just want to post information on the TSA precheck....we went thru the process to obtain precheck...Went RT to Seattle and found that USAir is giving it's passengers precheck as part of it frequent flyer program or some other thing....lines in precheck were very, very long...On return from SEA the lines were longer than the regular TSA check point...Wrote to TSA and complained as it cost us 85.00 each and we were told, to bad...it is not to get in a shorter line only that we would not have to remove shoes, clothing a other items...It seems everyone now is given precheck when printing their boarding passes....so much for our airport security systems...we went thru the interview process and finger prints and paid the money thinking it meant that govt found us to not be a threat but found that it is not about security but about money as most other people had not done the process...talked to a lot of people while in line and they did not know how that got the precheck but were happy to receive it.