If I only lived in Florida!!!!

INCHARGE

I can not believe the prices of last-minute cruises! There was an 8 day Sunshine cruise sailing this week for $238 pp plus port and taxes!! And it was a senior rate, and solo price,so you could still pick your inside cabin. :eek: I would be a cruisin' fool if I could catch these sales. :D Has anyone ever cruised for 7+ days under $350? I would not mind an inside cabin, so I would be gone!!! Lucky duck!!!

A few years ago, we sailed on the Carnival Splendor 7 days Mexican Riviera for $259.

A bummer worse than that is living here, seeing those prices, and not being able to jump on them!:mad:

Really, just saw a 7 day Breeze cruise that left Sunday for 199.00 inside but could not get off work to go! Not always good to live here with having to let those cruises get away.

Edited by madthumper

I can not believe the prices of last-minute cruises! There was an 8 day Sunshine cruise sailing this week for $238 pp plus port and taxes!! And it was a senior rate, and solo price,so you could still pick your inside cabin. :eek: I would be a cruisin' fool if I could catch these sales. :D Has anyone ever cruised for 7+ days under $350? I would not mind an inside cabin, so I would be gone!!! Lucky duck!!!

I was just talking about that last night to my husband ... we could jump on a plane and take one of those cruises - whatever length - and it would still be close in price as cruising out of Galveston. And I'm including airfare.

I'm considering doing this for my son's graduation this coming up summer. My kids have never been on a plane, and I could kill 2 birds ...

I saw something out of Miami the other day for a 4-day inside gty for $109/pp. WTH? Not fair! lol

At work, I'm literally walking distance from the Port of Baltimore and have never sailed from here. The prices for cruises out of Baltimore are more expensive than flying to Miami and sailing from POM. I wish the prices were better and the itineraries better here at home. I do like the new ones they released for 2016.

I too dream of retiring to Florida and cruising all the time. It's a nice dream.

Me too, I talk about moving there all the time just so I can cruise more often!

I can not believe the prices of last-minute cruises! There was an 8 day Sunshine cruise sailing this week for $238 pp plus port and taxes!! And it was a senior rate, and solo price,so you could still pick your inside cabin. :eek: I would be a cruisin' fool if I could catch these sales. :D Has anyone ever cruised for 7+ days under $350? I would not mind an inside cabin, so I would be gone!!! Lucky duck!!![/quote

Yes 300 taxes included balcony last year.

Edited by Isasprings

But if you live in Fl you make minimum wage and have to work 2 jobs to survive. 1st you couldn't afford to cruise and second you couldn't get off both jobs at the same time.

Was thisclose to booking a 7 day on Conquest for $199pp at the end of this month.

Decided to try RCI's Freedom of the Seas for $369 oceanview room.

They end up being about the same cost since we can drive to PC on the day of. POM would require an extra night in a hotel, more gas, and the port parking.

At work, I'm literally walking distance from the Port of Baltimore and have never sailed from here. The prices for cruises out of Baltimore are more expensive than flying to Miami and sailing from POM. I wish the prices were better and the itineraries better here at home. I do like the new ones they released for 2016.

I too dream of retiring to Florida and cruising all the time. It's a nice dream.

It is great to live in Florida :D !! Speaking of retiring...........will be as of October 1st..................then can pick these cheap cruises whenever we want !!

But if you live in Fl you make minimum wage and have to work 2 jobs to survive. 1st you couldn't afford to cruise and second you couldn't get off both jobs at the same time.

Living in Florida myself, there is validity to what you say, but there are also a boat load of people here with a boat load of money too! No pun intended!

Yes, it's pretty easy to cruise cheap from Florida. Just sort the 7 night cruises by price low to high and you'll see several for less than $299 for 7 days cruise fare only. However this is hurricane season and the rates are always low in August and September for that reason.

We booked Splendor Eastern Caribbean 7 nights late November for $249 each plus port taxes. Chances of hurricane activity that late in season are slim.

I have said this a thousand times, if I lived in florida I'd go on a cruise at least 6 times a year. Husband off work at the last minute, 3 day cruise to the Bahamas, husband getting on my nerves..(ha ha..) cruise for the girls or even alone...when you don't have to pay airfare, it is GREAT. Even if I had to take a greyhound bus to the departure city, it is still DIRT CHEAP!!!

So true! Cannot wait to retire! :mad:

Same here but unfortunately I still have 10.5 years left to work. And of course, being in the school system ensures I can rarely get off during the cheap cruising times. :(

But once I hit age 63, watch out, I'll hardly spend any time on land! :)

Edited by Out to sea!

A bummer worse than that is living here, seeing those prices, and not being able to jump on them!:mad:

Awwww, I agree that is very sad.....a very BIG bummer to live in FLA and not being able to take advantage of some of these great prices.....boo hoo!!

Well I keep telling my husband when I retire we are moving to a Florida port town just so we can cruise. Heck, I may even apply to work at the check in area to cruise even cheaper! That would be my dream after retirement job!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No need to live in a port town. I live 75 minutes north of Port Canaveral and housing prices are dirt cheap around here. :)