Help plan my day!?

tidygirl

We will be arriving on a a cruise ship in Marseille in a couple weeks, after doing some research would like to hike some in the Calanques (my DH thinks that would be the most interesting day for him out of our whole trip!) I read if you take bus 21 to Luminy Campus a trail is behind there? Well how do we get to the bus? We are unfamiliar with public transportation so specific details would be greatly appreciated? Any idea of approximate cost?

We will be arriving on a a cruise ship in Marseille in a couple weeks, after doing some research would like to hike some in the Calanques (my DH thinks that would be the most interesting day for him out of our whole trip!) I read if you take bus 21 to Luminy Campus a trail is behind there? Well how do we get to the bus? We are unfamiliar with public transportation so specific details would be greatly appreciated? Any idea of approximate cost?

Anyone out there that can help? Will be leaving in 6 days and in Marseille in

9 and am getting desperate!!

Anyone out there that can help? Will be leaving in 6 days and in Marseille in

9 and am getting desperate!!

Have you done all the web searches for the Bus system? Also the TripAdvisor Marseille forum and log a question. Sorry, I had the exact info about 8 years ago because we were considering doing exactly what you have planned...but decided to forego to just stay in town...it was mid November and I was worried the weather might be crummy. I do remember looking at a map of Marseille and finding where to pick up the bus, so the information is out there somewhere.

Sorry this isn't much help....

Yes I have also posted on Trip Advisor, so far not much luck except to find a map of public transportation, but i don't know the name of the port and the exact name of the last stop but there's many different I know it's Luminy but there's many different stops for Luminy and so I'm stuck at the moment. I also can't seem to find out if we can walk to the first train station or how to get there.

try this...

http://www.marvellous-provence.com/other-places/sights-and-attractions/calanques/south-of-marseille

Near the castellane metro stop is where you pick up the bus in Marseille heading out south to the Calanques.

Actually reading through this information, I remember thinking it would be easier to do from Cassis and then started working in that direction, combining a charming French town with a hike. The link above has an imbedded link for instructions to hike from Cassis also. If you search the France ports forum you'll find info on how to get from the cruise port to Cassis.

Please note, that none of this has been road tested by me....we just ended up staying in Marseille that day.