Breakaway Webcam Request a Wave?

Kenlorz

Hi all,

Just wondering if the NYC webcams offer a "request a wave" like they do down in Ft Lauderdale. Our Roll Call on the Allure requested a wave from the webcam and I still have it as a souvenir. For those not familiar with the idea... our roll call collectively decided on the best sailaway spot, ordered a large banner with our roll call logo on it from an online company, then requested the webcam zoom in on our location. We could then not only tell our friends and family to watch us sailaway as we waved to them, but when we got home we were able to download the sailaway and keep it as an awesome memento. I still go back and watch it from time to time and remember what a great time we had together. Can you do something similar with the NYC webcams?

Hi all,

Just wondering if the NYC webcams offer a "request a wave" like they do down in Ft Lauderdale. Our Roll Call on the Allure requested a wave from the webcam and I still have it as a souvenir. For those not familiar with the idea... our roll call collectively decided on the best sailaway spot, ordered a large banner with our roll call logo on it from an online company, then requested the webcam zoom in on our location. We could then not only tell our friends and family to watch us sailaway as we waved to them, but when we got home we were able to download the sailaway and keep it as an awesome memento. I still go back and watch it from time to time and remember what a great time we had together. Can you do something similar with the NYC webcams?

This board is really more for answering questions about cruising on Norwegian ships. Perhaps you should ask this question on the New York board where this would be addressed?

You're welcome.

I was just on the Bermuda webcam watching Dawn depart, and a family was on their balcony with a banner. The webcam zoomed in and they were waving. This must be the request a wave thing you were curious about.

Apparently they do them if requested.

See the pic from a moment ago.

ImageUploadedByForums1410296464.716854.jpg.4a61b1ab4cf29fbc1dda008ddede4dc9.jpg

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

russianmom, sorry to hear they never got back to you. Like I said before, never heard of the NYC webcams doing this, so maybe they don't. When watching the ships leave here on the cams, I've never seen anyone with banners or signs on their balconies.

Maybe try contacting them again?

Good luck :)

Hope this helps.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

This board is really more for answering questions about cruising on Norwegian ships. Perhaps you should ask this question on the New York board where this would be addressed?

Ummmmm, since the OP will be sailing on the Breakaway, perhaps this IS the correct board on which to ask.