Best time to book Alaska Millennium for August '15

h2dcruise

I am one of the unlucky ones whose Millennium Alaska cruise was cancelled last year due to mechanical issues. We are approaching the deadline to use our 50% credit and we still want to do the same cruise.

That said, what is the best time to book the cruise for August next year? Is there a schedule that Celebrity follows (i.e. annual sales event!) where prices would drop significantly before going up. I know from my experience last year that prices kept dropping almost all the way up to the cruise and I was able to get my TA get me upgrades etc. even after the final payment date. I would just like to avoid that if possible.

Just looking to save money and hassle; prefer money over hassle though.

If your deadline for using your credit from the cancelled cruise is approaching I would suggest booking now. You should be able to get the current Pick Your Perk promotion and you will have more cabins to choose from. If prices drop before final payment you can get a reduction.

Looking at a popular web site that monitors prices, most prices for August 2015 have either gone up or are holding steady. Some popular categories are no longer available. We did a cruise tour in July and the price never decreased from the time we booked.

Mary Lou

Book soon... Book often is my motto.

Seriously, if you are outside of final payment I would think you have nothing to lose (unless I misunderstood the Terms & Conditions of the 50% Certificate from Celebrity that you have)

We have decided that for the most part we are early bookers (vs last minute) cause we just don't have the flexibility in our lives (maybe after retirement). Booking early has its own advantages we have found... Like getting a cabin we love.

After that we just watch the prices... Make a dummy booking every week... And if they go down we call and makes changes... If the go up, we smile :)

In our experience, more go up than down in the last 3 years... And in some cases waaaaay up :D *bigger smile*

Prices go down and we see "real money"... Prices go up and we see "real value"... Either make us REAL HAPPY !!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB