Live review from The Jewel of the Seas 9-13-14

I am enjoying your review! We are also from SC, taking a SJ route in May.

Question for you, and totally random.. are Mike and Cheryl from Seattle on CC??? We met a Mike and Cheryl from Seattle on our 2011 Serenade cruise- not our table mates, but we sat with them at the pool on our first day and ended up on 2 additional excursions together. Would be such a small world if they were the same!!!:eek:

I am enjoying your review! We are also from SC, taking a SJ route in May.

Question for you, and totally random.. are Mike and Cheryl from Seattle on CC??? We met a Mike and Cheryl from Seattle on our 2011 Serenade cruise- not our table mates, but we sat with them at the pool on our first day and ended up on 2 additional excursions together. Would be such a small world if they were the same!!!:eek:

Funny you should ask because we discovered that we were on Serenade of the Seas in Feb. 2009. They were on their honeymoon and our first cruise. I think that was their first and only other cruise they have been on. We never met on the 09 cruise. I don't think they are on CC.

My next posts were going to show the table mates and some of the CC roll call members that we met. Here is Mike and Cheryl from Seattle.

_DSC3201_zps1808ef2c.jpg

:)

Your scuba info has been very helpful! St Kitts is now a maybe and we have decided on a private operator in Grenada. Also, if we end up having to go to St Thomas instead of Tortola we will defiantly go to Coke beach. Thank you so much. Again, your pictures and videos are fantastic.

Your scuba info has been very helpful! St Kitts is now a maybe and we have decided on a private operator in Grenada. Also, if we end up having to go to St Thomas instead of Tortola we will defiantly go to Coke beach. Thank you so much. Again, your pictures and videos are fantastic.

I'm glad it was helpful.:)

Also thanks for reminding me to finish this thread. I got a head cold 2 days after returning and it is still taking it's toll on me.:eek:

Next up a link for my dives in Aruba and some fun shot of our table mates on the Jewel.

Returning from the dive in St Kitts with Crystal (Mobius107) and Adam they mentioned that they were diving in Aruba with the cruise line sponsored excursion so I went and signed up. Patti and I are creatures of habit. She slept in while I got coffee and brought it back to the room. I then headed up to the Windjammer for a light breakfast. After breakfast grabbed my scuba gear and headed off the ship. We dove the Antilla and Pendernales Wrecks. Here is the YouTube link:

Hope you enjoy.

I have made mention several times about the great time we had this cruise with our table mates not only at dinner but throughout the days and after dinner. It was like we became family. Here are some shots of our table mates and CC roll call members.

_DSC3171_zps0e2d6ebb.jpg

Our good friends for 20 years and table mates Scott and Stephany from Chicago..

_DSC3187_zps5823b6c5.jpg

"The Girls" the lovely ladies from Dublin, Ireland. Table mates Lyn, Ann and Christine

_DSC3190_zpsa15f049e.jpg

From London, England CC roll cally and table mate Paul (mygracey) and his mother Myra.

_DSC3195_zps08df61ce.jpg

From Seattle, Washington our table mates Mike and Cheryl.

_DSC3182_zps0ae1c033.jpg

Captain Mike? Sailing away with all the girls!

_DSC3200_zpsced4317a.jpg

Then while walking around we ran into Glenn and Maggie (erin cruiser). I would like to give special thanks to Glenn for making the nearly 18 months from booking til embarking fly by on the roll call, by always posting the weeks to go notices each Saturday and for all the great assistance he and many on the thread were able to share from there experiences. Glenn and Maggie it has been a pleasure and I look forward to sailing with you in the future.

Some final shots and thought to come soon.

I'm glad it was helpful.:)

Also thanks for reminding me to finish this thread. I got a head cold 2 days after returning and it is still taking it's toll on me.:eek:

Next up a link for my dives in Aruba and some fun shot of our table mates on the Jewel.

I was trying to give a gentle nudge! [emoji6] I have loved your review.