Why I would want cash...

Anita Latte

I would never have thought to bring a check book... I'm typically not a check writer...I only purchased checks so I could get the Target debit card! LOL. I do find them handy for DS' school needs though. Almost every check is out made to his school.

This is a great back up for if I don't happen to take enough cash. Thank you!

Most of the checks I write go to a school also. Almost one a week for something.

Off the Tropicale in Cozumel a cruiser had a drink in a small bar that didn't take cc's. They refused to allow him to leave the bar without payment and as the ship was about to leave he finally was able to holler out to a cruising passer-by who came in and paid the tab. He nearly missed the ship for lack of a little pocket money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for explaining the safe...makes sense. Can you use your room key for the magnetic strip? Otherwise...what kind of card do you leave OUT of the safe?

I use an empty gift card that I've used up or an expired CC/debit card. That way if I lose it while carrying it around, it's just the inconvenience of having security override the safe. No cards are compromised. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app