What's Up With Sapphire Princess

nukesubsailor

I just received my 2015 - 2016 Cruise Atlas. In looking at the sailings schedule chart in the back I notice there are no cruises scheduled for the Sapphire Princess between April 24th and October 6th. That seems way too long for a dry-dock/overhaul. Could it be that the ship has been chartered by some Asian organization(s)?

I just received my 2015 - 2016 Cruise Atlas. In looking at the sailings schedule chart in the back I notice there are no cruises scheduled for the Sapphire Princess between April 24th and October 6th. That seems way too long for a dry-dock/overhaul. Could it be that the ship has been chartered by some Asian organization(s)?

Or possibly they could still be working on the schedule.

Based on this year's schedule of charters all summer and the gap in the atlas, it does sound like they're going to do that again. I miss the Sapphire!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We really miss her and the Diamond going by our front door every other week during the Alaska cruise season.

i'll be on her in a little over a month! its been a really long wait for someone to go one her and I'm looking forward to a review...if none are forthcoming, I will have to do my own!

Oh, please do! We accompanied her to her new home in Asia and sadly bid her goodbye. I hope she returns at some time as we have many wonderful memories......

Tricia

i'll be on her in a little over a month! its been a really long wait for someone to go one her and I'm looking forward to a review...if none are forthcoming, I will have to do my own!

We too like you have been searching for any news, so please please please do let us know how you go! We have Christmas and 2015 New Year on her and very excited!

I was contemplating a 'live from' but don't really want to commit the time. yes, lazy me. I write home daily, so maybe I will do a 'just returned from' when I get back mid november. it will probably have to be highly edited...I write what I'm thinking of everything and everyone. :eek: