Copy of passport

Burrinda

Yes, I am a US citizen. I was born to a military father who was stationed in Germany. I just hope we find it tonight.

Call your local court house and check (passport dept) if there is anywhere close that you can go for a same day issuance. I know here in PA, you can drive to Harrisburg or Philadelphia and leave with them that day. Its an expedited service charge & you'll more likely need the whole day to do it with a lot of waiting, but it can be done. I had a co-worker take the day, drive the 2 hours and returned later that day with their passport in hand........ and a few hundred dollars less from their pocket. Its a substantial COST of TIME & MONEY, but it can be done Same day.

You will need to have NEW PASSPORT PHOTOS with you along with any other credentials normally needed. ie: proof of citizenship etc)

Edited by wiskt

We have never brought a bc with us on any cruise.

Sorry, we have enhanced drivers licenses. that's all we use. Nothing else.

If you stated you used an enhanced drivers license I would have agreed. But still, you cannot cruise with just your drivers license as you stated. That's what I was saying about your post. I think at this time there are 4 states with the enhanced DL but 3 more are in the works. I hope our state will be soon but they are not on the list. I use a passport card. Using a passport card or an enhanced DL sure is nice!

yeah, we are going to turn everything upside down tonight to find it. If not, we will go to Houston tomorrow and apply for expedited replacements. I am glad I asked him to see them, he said he remembers putting them in a "safe" place. HA!

Take a copy of your cruise documents with you, as well. Sometimes for expedited processing, they require proof of upcoming travel. I agree with whoever said to bring your passport photos with you, too. Best of luck, and really hope you find them in the house!

Last time I got a replacement report of birth abroad, it came in less than 2 weeks even when I didn't do anything to expedite it. Get your request in, but obviously don't depend on it to get back in time. Keep pursuing other methods. There are a few passport offices in the US that offer expedited service. Our closest one is Chicago or Detroit, so check to see if going to one of them is feasible. They will issue in 3 weeks, but if you take your travel documents with you, they will do it well under 2 weeks (with an additional fee and another form in triplicate).

Edited by Davey Wavey

After the 5th time of checking the file cabinet, we took all the files out and found them! Instead of being in a folder, they were on the side between the folders and the side of cabinet! I called carnival and they said the copy of passports would not work. Today I was going to send for a new consular report of birth abroad. The fee was $50. I could overnight to them and include $15 to have it overnighted back. But now I have everything I need and can check in online and start packing! Thank you everyone for your help.

After the 5th time of checking the file cabinet, we took all the files out and found them! Instead of being in a folder, they were on the side between the folders and the side of cabinet! I called carnival and they said the copy of passports would not work. Today I was going to send for a new consular report of birth abroad. The fee was $50. I could overnight to them and include $15 to have it overnighted back. But now I have everything I need and can check in online and start packing! Thank you everyone for your help.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very paranoid about losing our passports. As soon as we get home from a cruise the very first place I stop when I get in the house is the safe in the study.

I also carry a good copy of both of our birth certificates with me and I have both our birth certificates and passports scanned into my computer and saved to an email file that I can access from anywhere.

Call your local court house and check (passport dept) if there is anywhere close that you can go for a same day issuance. I know here in PA, you can drive to Harrisburg or Philadelphia and leave with them that day. Its an expedited service charge & you'll more likely need the whole day to do it with a lot of waiting, but it can be done. I had a co-worker take the day, drive the 2 hours and returned later that day with their passport in hand........ and a few hundred dollars less from their pocket. Its a substantial COST of TIME & MONEY, but it can be done Same day.

You will need to have NEW PASSPORT PHOTOS with you along with any other credentials normally needed. ie: proof of citizenship etc)

I learned some great/new info through that. Thanks for the details. :)

After the 5th time of checking the file cabinet, we took all the files out and found them!

:D YEA!! :D

I am so happy that you found them. Have a great trip.

Thanks for coming back and updating us! So very happy for you. Happy sails!

Excellent news! Have a great trip!

Thanks for the update. Although we booked 13 months in advance a few nights later hubby suddenly asks "have you looked at our passports?". Went to the safe, got them out and showed him, right down to the expiration date. Back into the safe they went. Since I wear mine inside a holder hanging INSIDE my blouse/tee, I keep the holder with the passports. :)