Non-drinker upgrade to Premium Package?

disneydiane61

Just booked my Celebrity Reflection cruise yesterday, and choose the Classic Beverage Package as my Pick Your Perk choice. Now, I might be regretting it as I have been looking over my beverage choices and the 2 things I enjoy most at my meals ( sparkling Water and non-alcoholic beer, O'Douls)are NOT covered under the classic package. So disappointed. So have a choice of either upgrading to the premium package, or asking to be downgraded to the Premium Non-Alcohol Package and paying out of pocket for my O'Douls. I'm so surprised that they would list O'Douls on the Premium and not on the Classic and that it would cost over $6 on the ship and be considered a Premium Beer. Any chance it was just left off the Classic list? So my question if anyone can help is?

Does anyone know if you can downgrade from the Classic to the Premium Non-Alcohol Package? This would be so I could get my Sparkling Water

Can anyone confirm that an O'Douls cost more than the allotted $6 for a Beer on the classic package?

Should a non-drinker really upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package to get Sparkling Water and O'Douls?

Does anyone have a non-alcohol menu/smoothie menu they can share as I may have to adjust me drink preferences for the week?

Thanks in advance for any help, comments, advice.

No matter what you decide to do about your package choices, you should know that O'Douls is not covered in either Non-Alcoholic package. To get O'Douls you would have to be an Alcohol package.

Yes, that seems a bit strange, but there are a couple of things going on here. For one thing, there is residual alcohol in it. So it is not a zero alcohol product.

So, considering upgrading to a Premium Alcohol package just to get O'Douls seems like an awful lot of money, but YMMV.

Disneydiane61:

I have been searching the Celebrity website to find the list of what is in the Classic Beverage (alcoholic) Package vs. the Premium Beverage (alcoholic) Package and cannot find it. I even called the not-always-helpful Celebrity call center and they said that they had removed the list from the website because each ship carries different brands.

Last year, I did print off a list of what was considered Classic and Premium from the Celebrity website. Now this is from last year but I would think that they really would not make a lot of changes except in price. The list shows O"Doul's Non-Alcoholic under the Classic package. Since I don't know much about sparkling water, I don't recognize any on the list. I am just adding the list at the bottom of this post and you can see what was offered in 2013 on the Celebrity Website.

Did you find a list somewhere else?

Classic Beverage Package Selections:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Premium Beverage Package Selections:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Specialty Coffee, Specialty Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Samuel Adams, Red Bull, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Vitamin Water, Evian®, Pellegrino, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Grolsh Swing Top, Red Stripe, Carlsberg, Hoegarden, Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddington's, Leffe, Stella Artois, Peroni, Johnny Walker Black, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewars 12 year old, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Crown Royal, Tangle Ridge, Old Black Bush, Knob Creek, Blanton's Single Barrel, Remy Martin VSOP, Courvosier VSOP, Hennessy VSOP, Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One, Effen, Level, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Pyrat XO Reserve, Montecristo, Bacardi 8, Patron Silver, Patron Anejo, Patron Gold, Extase XO, Grand Marnier, Bollini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jena Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Antinori, Chateau Castera, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

I posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago. 2-3 people in our group want to "downgrade" from the classic alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol package, as they do not drink (not a drop). Most of the responses I received indicated that Celebrity has historically resisted such a request. I don't know why, as it seems pretty reasonable to me.

Disneydiane61:

I have been searching the Celebrity website to find the list of what is in the Classic Beverage (alcoholic) Package vs. the Premium Beverage (alcoholic) Package and cannot find it. I even called the not-always-helpful Celebrity call center and they said that they had removed the list from the website because each ship carries different brands.

Last year, I did print off a list of what was considered Classic and Premium from the Celebrity website. Now this is from last year but I would think that they really would not make a lot of changes except in price. The list shows O"Doul's Non-Alcoholic under the Classic package. Since I don't know much about sparkling water, I don't recognize any on the list. I am just adding the list at the bottom of this post and you can see what was offered in 2013 on the Celebrity Website.

Did you find a list somewhere else?

Classic Beverage Package Selections:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Premium Beverage Package Selections:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Specialty Coffee, Specialty Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Samuel Adams, Red Bull, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Vitamin Water, Evian®, Pellegrino, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Grolsh Swing Top, Red Stripe, Carlsberg, Hoegarden, Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddington's, Leffe, Stella Artois, Peroni, Johnny Walker Black, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewars 12 year old, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Crown Royal, Tangle Ridge, Old Black Bush, Knob Creek, Blanton's Single Barrel, Remy Martin VSOP, Courvosier VSOP, Hennessy VSOP, Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One, Effen, Level, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Pyrat XO Reserve, Montecristo, Bacardi 8, Patron Silver, Patron Anejo, Patron Gold, Extase XO, Grand Marnier, Bollini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jena Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Antinori, Chateau Castera, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

The lists you have included is the one that Celebrity had on their website in the past (believe it has since been removed)

Celebrity's Bevvy Pkgs were reviewed / revamped / repriced early in 2014

You probably want to look at the most recent Alcohol Pkgs and what is included in each as posted by the CC CELEBRITY CRUISES official rep back at the end of May 2014

The American Parameters are listed (Max Pour Cost) as well as the items so it will at least give you the full spectrum of what to expect... Prices before the 15% Grats that is mandatory on each pour (15% Grats is also mandatory on the top of the prices you see online for Bevvy Pkgs)

Once you purchase a pkg, you don't have to worry about tipping, as you have already paid that when you bought the pkg (however you can tip extra if you like). And no chits to sign... They just swipe your Sea Pass and go. Very convenient

Official Celebrity Beverage Packages = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

That said... Availability can differ depending on where in the world the ship is, ship to ship, and even venue to venue onboard

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit title

Just booked my Celebrity Reflection cruise yesterday, and choose the Classic Beverage Package as my Pick Your Perk choice. Now, I might be regretting it as I have been looking over my beverage choices and the 2 things I enjoy most at my meals ( sparkling Water and non-alcoholic beer, O'Douls)are NOT covered under the classic package. So disappointed. So have a choice of either upgrading to the premium package, or asking to be downgraded to the Premium Non-Alcohol Package and paying out of pocket for my O'Douls. I'm so surprised that they would list O'Douls on the Premium and not on the Classic and that it would cost over $6 on the ship and be considered a Premium Beer. Any chance it was just left off the Classic list? So my question if anyone can help is?

Does anyone know if you can downgrade from the Classic to the Premium Non-Alcohol Package?

This would be so I could get my Sparkling Water

Can anyone confirm that an O'Douls cost more than the allotted $6 for a Beer on the classic package?

Should a non-drinker really upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package to get Sparkling Water and O'Douls?

Does anyone have a non-alcohol menu/smoothie menu they can share as I may have to adjust me drink preferences for the week?

Thanks in advance for any help, comments, advice.

Probably can be done... BUT

I posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago. 2-3 people in our group want to "downgrade" from the classic alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol package, as they do not drink (not a drop). Most of the responses I received indicated that Celebrity has historically resisted such a request. I don't know why, as it seems pretty reasonable to me.

As was told to STICKEY MOUSE it is not the usual request that Celebrity phone reps handle... And as such they don't seem to have the ability to do so (computer code)

Their phone reps have been set up to do an up sell to the Premium Pkg (known on their computers as the 123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade)

Someone wanting to downgrade a package... Particularly Alcohol to Non Alcohol is most likely going to have more success once on the ship... As Guest Relations are quite used to Pax coming to them to request making changes to their prebought items (Beevy Pkgs, Wine Pkgs, Specialty Dining, Excursions etc)

And as always... Ship Customer Service when it comes to Celebrity often out performs their land based product

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I am in the same boat... I am a non alcoholic drinkers but I am giving serious thought of upgraded myself to premium. Why? Consider this... You have to look at the Classic bev perk as "free" and that if there was no free perk offered you were going to purchase the premium non alchy anyway? The cost of the upgrade from Classic to Premium is actually cheaper than the buying a premium non alchy package. What I like best as part of the premium package is the premium water i.e.: the small bottles of Evian water which are so much easier to carry on your person. Heck! I may even sample something at the Martinini Bar.

Reagrds,

Kevin Reid

If you are going to attempt to change your Classic Alcohol Package and trade it for any non-Alcohol package, do so immediately on boarding the ship. Go to Guest Relations before you have put any charges on your SeaPass card, so that they won't have to go through the process of identifying which charges to keep, which to void, which to charge you for, etc.

And even so, it may not work. As logical as it seems to us.

Sloop John-B:

Thanks for the link to the updated list. I did not think of looking on CC for an "official" Celebrity list, I was checking the Celebrity Website and they have removed the list they had posted last year.

You are very welcome, glad i could help.

But i don't deserve much credit on this one... The kudos really go to Celebrity and their Social Media Team... this is one example where the CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES Official Rep really came thru for fellow Cruise Critic Members

Cheers!

Downgrading from Classic Alcohol to Premium non-alcohol package:

From all the threads I've read about this on Cruise Critic, land based customer service and other land based sources say it can not be done. But I recall one thread (sorry don't have a link) in the past year where several people indicated they had been able to do this on the ship at guest relations. So you can give it a try.

If you are going to attempt to change your Classic Alcohol Package and trade it for any non-Alcohol package, do so immediately on boarding the ship. Go to Guest Relations before you have put any charges on your SeaPass card, so that they won't have to go through the process of identifying which charges to keep, which to void, which to charge you for, etc.

And even so, it may not work. As logical as it seems to us.

Good advice. Also considering the fact that they WILL NOT backtrack on anything... So if you have anything beyond the pkg in effect at that time you'd have to pay for it even if you were to update the pkg from Classic to Premium (friends had this experience on their cruise). So if you don't do it when first aboard your SeaPass Account could have a bunch of charges on it at full price you cannot reverse / remove. And there is no value in that.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I'm pretty close to a non-drinker, and I found it worth it to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package because, like you, I really enjoy having sparkling water and probably drank enough San Pellegrino each day to cover the cost of the upgrade. Keep in mind, when you have the Classic pkg as a free perk, the cost to upgrade is pretty small.

Thanks for all the advice, ideas, and links. I think my plan of attack will be to email Michael Bayley's office (after final payment) and request the switch, (Classic Alcohol to Premium Non-alcohol)as it appears that some have been successful doing this. If this does not work, then I will request the switch @Guest Relations once on board. If they cannot help, then I will pay to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol Package, so I can have both of my favorite non-alcohol drinks. O'Douls and San Pellegrino.

I'm pretty close to a non-drinker, and I found it worth it to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package because, like you, I really enjoy having sparkling water and probably drank enough San Pellegrino each day to cover the cost of the upgrade. Keep in mind, when you have the Classic pkg as a free perk, the cost to upgrade is pretty small.

Excellent suggestion! At $11.50 per day with everything it adds, the best bang for the buck!