RCI Check In / Luggage Labels

Big Foot

Hello, I will be sailing for the first time with RCI next month & have just been advised that my Set Sail Passes are ready for printing. I note at the bottom of them there appears to be a very small photo of a luggage label. Can some one please advise if this is what I am supposed to use for my luggage or if I am supposed to print them off from somewhere else? Many thanks.

Hello, I will be sailing for the first time with RCI next month & have just been advised that my Set Sail Passes are ready for printing. I note at the bottom of them there appears to be a very small photo of a luggage label. Can some one please advise if this is what I am supposed to use for my luggage or if I am supposed to print them off from somewhere else? Many thanks.

No it isn't. There is another item you can check that says 'print luggage tags' The one on you set sail pass is just in case you don't have your luggage tags attached to your suitcase. You will see it is sectioned in 4 parts, the part with the 'D' tells the longshore men which door on which part of the ship to load your suitcase so it will be closed to where your cabin is.

No it isn't. There is another item you can check that says 'print luggage tags' The one on you set sail pass is just in case you don't have your luggage tags attached to your suitcase. You will see it is sectioned in 4 parts, the part with the 'D' tells the longshore men which door on which part of the ship to load your suitcase so it will be closed to where your cabin is.

Thank you for your prompt response & explanation; I'm off to have another look at my reservation.

Have your documents been issued?

Hello,

Apologies if I'm sounding a bit thick here, but this website is all new to me!!

If you are referring to the "Cruise Documentation" tab on the website then I'm guessing the answer is "no" as it states Status: Not Issued.

I just assumed that as I had received an email saying my set sail pass was ready for printing then all my documents would be available.

Do I need to do something in order to change the status of this or does this get updated automatically?

Thank you.

Hello,

Apologies if I'm sounding a bit thick here, but this website is all new to me!!

If you are referring to the "Cruise Documentation" tab on the website then I'm guessing the answer is "no" as it states Status: Not Issued.

I just assumed that as I had received an email saying my set sail pass was ready for printing then all my documents would be available.

Do I need to do something in order to change the status of this or does this get updated automatically?

Thank you.

Your set sail pass is ready after your cruise is paid in full, your documents will be ready about 49 days before the cruise.

Edited by killtheump

Your set sail pass is ready after your cruise is paid in full, your documents will be ready about 49 days before the cruise.

Thank you.

I note that according to my planner it's 46 days until our cruise so I'm guessing they should be available any day now! :)

Here is a link for tutorial for the process for E-Docs.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/online-check-in/tutorial.do?popupLang=en_US

Previous response was incorrect---RCI will not issue printed documents and send to either TA or yourself unless requested and additional payment made for this service.

Hope this helps

Edited by Norge1
misspelling

your set sail pass is a boarding pass with a bar code on it.

the luggage tags will be in your e-docs and those will be sent to you by your travel agent when they are released.

I booked through Costco, and they never did send us our documents (even though they said they sent them twice!). I ended up printing them myself, but I have everything I need now.

Point being that you don't have to wait for your TA to send them.

Once your cruise docs are issued, you can save them or print them. Anyway, one page is your tag, and I just print multiple copies of that page. It is pre-marked to fold up correctly so that you can either tape or staple to your bag.

Personally, I have the special sized plastic tag holders you get on amazon. Much more durable.