Disembarking in LA

Liss

We will be disembarking from our Panama cruise in LA, supposedly at 1 PM. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the earliest plane we could safely take from LAX? I have no idea where the ship docks in relationship to LAX. We are in a penthouse suite, if that makes a difference in the time/speed of disembarkment.

Thanks, Liss

I'll assume you dock in San Pedro...

(Carnival and some of its affiliates dock on the other side of the harbor in Long Beach--about six miles further)...

San Pedro to LAX is 20 miles by Freeway (110 north to the 405 north to Century Blvd.)

Depending on the day of the week and the approximate time you get on the road, it could take anywhere from about 25 minutes to over an hour...Hopefully, you're arriving on a Saturday or Sunday?

Then there's the question of lines for check-in and security at LAX...Remember, it's one of the largest and busiest airports in the world...Do NOT expect to arrive within an hour of your flight and be okay...

IOW, if you KNEW you would be off the ship, luggage in hand and taxi or limo waiting at 1:00 pm, I still would not book a flight earlier than 4:00 pm...

To be on the safe side, find one a little later than that...

Archived