Coki & Coral World

jdyer09

Can someone tell me a little more about the area between/around Coki and Coral World. We are a large group with people from aged 11 to 60 and are looking for an area where everyone can spread out and find things that interest them, but still be close by each other with water and land based activities. So far, it looks like this area is the best option. Does anyone have any thoughts on doing this? Taxi fare, and availability. Convenience of bathrooms, food, etc. This is a first visit for this island for all of us and we were looking forward to snorkeling!

Ā 

Thanks so much for your help!

They are next door to each other. If you buy admission to Coral World, there are showers and you can go back and forth. A generic burger/pizza place at Coral World, local food vendors at Coki. Should be something for everyone!

Ā 

Definitely agree with this! We were staying on the island and had a group from 12 to 65 and everyone had a blast! I am super afraid of sharks while snorkeling and I did the shark tank there and it was totally awesome and completely cured any fear I had of them while snorkeling! That was like $40 extra for me to do it though. I booked it online ahead of time to ensure my time slot if anyone in your group is interested. We also saw a whale while we were way out by the "dome" observation thing, but this was February and a higher possibility to see them.

Ā 

Ok, I'm getting off subject again :o But yes, there is something for everyone! The beach/snorkel only lovers in your group do not even have to go over to coral world if you want to save money. However you do it there is definitely something for everyone and they are literally a couple steps away from each other.

Can someone tell me a little more about the area between/around Coki and Coral World. We are a large group with people from aged 11 to 60 and are looking for an area where everyone can spread out and find things that interest them, but still be close by each other with water and land based activities. So far, it looks like this area is the best option. Does anyone have any thoughts on doing this? Taxi fare, and availability. Convenience of bathrooms, food, etc. This is a first visit for this island for all of us and we were looking forward to snorkeling!

Ā 

Ā 

We did this with a group of 8 ages 13 to early 60's. Everyone had a blast. The oldest and youngest snubaed at Coral World and some of the others toured it, 3 of us went cheap and just stayed on Coki. Even if you don't go to Coral World you can use the bathrooms if you pay a dollar.

The snorkeling is amazing there, very easy from the beach, and even my mom, who DOESN"T get her hair wet was even able to look at and enjoy the fish in the shallower sandy water. Then she tripped over her own feet and her hair got wet. :D (It's not a fashion thing, she just hates water) We were there last in 2011 when the bathrooms were under construction, and I have heard they are great new facilities. We are very much looking forward to going back in Jan. It will be just the 2 of us, but when I asked my hunny what he wanted to do there, and if we should check things out, he said, no we can go back to Coki.

Ā 

Ā 

Oh and I believe we paid 8$ pp to ride in an open air bus thing each way. That was almost 4 years ago, but I doubt it has gone up, for sure not much more.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a great option for our group (ages 6months to 65years)

Ā 

Where do we catch a taxi (an open air bus-type thing?) to Coki/Coral world if we are arriving at the cruise port? How long a ride?

Ā 

Are there chairs and umbrellas for rent at Coki? Anywhere to rent snorkel gear (or at least fins?) to use at the beach?

Ā 

Are there restrooms at Coki?

Ā 

TIA!

This sounds like a great option for our group (ages 6months to 65years)

Ā 

Where do we catch a taxi (an open air bus-type thing?) to Coki/Coral world if we are arriving at the cruise port? How long a ride?

Ā 

Are there chairs and umbrellas for rent at Coki? Anywhere to rent snorkel gear (or at least fins?) to use at the beach?

Ā 

Are there restrooms at Coki?

Ā 

TIA!

Ā 

Very easy to catch a taxi right at the pier and there are always taxis waiting to take you back. I think it is about a 20 minute taxi ride.

Yes you can rent chairs etc at the beach, and there is a dive shop there to rent fins etc.

Last time we were there they were building a new restroom facility. That was in 2011, so even on island time, I'm sure it's done by now. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just s follow up to help others. We are back and yes Coral World was great for my kids 3 1/2. Not a huge amount of walking and a lot of fun things to see. Beautiful views as well. coki beach is right next door. It was crowded and we didn't go as my kids don't like walking on sand šŸ˜•. About 10 bucks pp cab there, easy to get from pier and the drive there and back over the mountains was half the fun for kids. Good experience overall

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums