How much weight do you gain on a cruise?

tbmrt

Congrats on losing weight prior to the cruise, it's a struggle many of us face.

I was able to maintain my weight without losing or gaining. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted but didn't go out of my way to overindulge. I also had the drink package and had many fruity frozen drinks which were probably loaded with calories. Without those I may have lost weight!

Like a lot of people have already said...taking the stairs as much as possible is a really great way to keep the weight off. If you do gain weight it could possibly be water weight from all the extra sodium in the soups and sauces you'll be eating. Try drinking a ton of water on the cruise and also once you get home. Lemon in the water will also help you shed extra water weight.

Good luck!

I usually gain 4-8 lbs on a one week cruise but it comes off with in 2 weeks of being home with my normal routine. I know a lot of it is water weight because my ankles usually swell on a cruise. I try and eat healthy at home but allow myself to indulge and try new desserts. At home we never have bread or dessert at dinner so it's a treat to have those on a cruise. Cruises are the only time I have pancakes or French toast for breakfast. It's something I really look forward too. I can then get back to my fruit and oatmeal when I get home. Normally I would never have a slice of pizza or cookie as a late night snack but on vacation I allow myself to indulge then back to a mostly heathy diet when I get home. With two very arthritic knees I can't do more than one flight of stairs either way. I do ask people to not judge people who look fit and are taking they elevator. You never know if they issues that are not obvious.

When I am on a cruise, I want whatever I want, in whatever portions I want. (I refuse to diet or watch what I eat when on vacation. I do that the other 51 weeks of the year).

I generally gain between 2-4 pounds, but much of that is water-retention from the increased salt content of the food, and is easily lost when I return home and start eating normally again.

I think that the reason I don't gain more is that I am significantly more active while on a cruise than I am in my every day life.

I have a very sedimentary lifestyle. I don't take time to get regular exercise, though I do try to watch what I eat.

However, on a cruise I end up walking so much more than I normally do - that I don't gain any weight at all.

Then I come home and re-start my sedimentary life all over again.

QTPie :cool:

Total weight a week after I get home is normally lower than the day I left for holiday. The day I get home (this is for any type of travel) it is normally up, but my feet and ankles swell to the point my shoes barely fit flying. It takes a few days for the water weight to stabilize. The trips we pick are normally pretty port intensive and DH likes to get as much in as possible to pick his land trips later. ;or we are diving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk