man in a mankinne

cornish pasty

has anyone seen this on the po facebook site how degrading and on deck as well and children look at this site

:) No wonder people get the wrong impression of cruisers with comments like this. People already think it's Gods waiting room & cruisers are all over 70. Some people need to get a life & chill & chill out. If I have offended anyone tough & I'm not in God's waiting room

I have been cruising with P&O for over 25 years and this is just another example of standards being dropped. I can appreciate that this sort of behaviour can be classed as 'fun' in steerage class but elite passengers such as myself and my peers do not wish to have our cruises turned into circuses by immature, half witted riff raff. I will be writing to Carnival UK about this, it's simply not on.

me thinks you have posted your comments as a wind up-you are not the man in question-are you????

Hmm, wonder if it had been a voluptuous attractive woman in her 20s in a string bikini if the "offended of the better classes" would have been so offended :rolleyes:

I actually get more offended by snooty rude people classing themselves as elite and thinking that plebs should stick to Skegness, or somewhere else far away from *their* cruise ships, than I ever would by anyone in a mankini.

In fact, Im going to write to Carnival to complain that they should introduce separate class areas - but this time people who think they are entitled get locked below decks and see how they like it :D

We've all been enjoying these posts beginning before the cruise, and hoping that at some time the mankini would appear- so he was very brave to eventually post this picture-taken in his cabin and with blacked out bits- for our teasing. I never thought he'd do it! It's been a brilliant cruise for many of us on FB, who had to stay at home...:D

This thread is so amusing.

I guess the post about "riff raff" was said tongue in cheek, I would hope!

If not, well, lack of sense of humour is a poor character trait.

As to those who think because they cruise makes them superior, particularly if one stays in a higher tier cabin, really....

If we are talking about the guy from Hampshire then my wife has been following his postings and has been most amused by them.

Seems like he has got quite a good sense of humour and I look forward to being on the same cruise as him sometime.

I would love to read his postings from his cruise. Could someone in the know post me a pm with the link to it....

I promise to avert my eyes when the picture appears...honest injun

Are you actually being serious?

I agree the education part is visiting ports and seeing and learning about new places, but I'm not allowed to have fun with my family onboard as well?

That would make me a very dull parent.

As for peace and quiet, unless you spend all the cruise in your cabin, how can you possibly avoid the other 2,000 or so people on board.

has anyone seen this on the po facebook site how degrading and on deck as well and children look at this site

Which ship was this taken on?

I am reliably informed that there are less riff raff on Azura than Ventura. Is this correct?

Cb

Edited by cruisebore

I have been cruising with P&O for over 25 years and this is just another example of standards being dropped. I can appreciate that this sort of behaviour can be classed as 'fun' in steerage class but elite passengers such as myself and my peers do not wish to have our cruises turned into circuses by immature, half witted riff raff. I will be writing to Carnival UK about this, it's simply not on.

You've got the wrong cruise line Cyril. P&O don't have Elite passengers, that's Princess....like wot I am! :p:D

I would love to read his postings from his cruise. Could someone in the know post me a pm with the link to it....

I promise to avert my eyes when the picture appears...honest injun

Ok I am not on facebook-shock horror of horrors-how do I manage to survive without telling everyone about it...

I guess this means this will have to remain hidden from my eyes for ever and ever....;);)

• 8 months later...