Just back from Oasis transatlantic

ggglo

Emmy,

Word was on the Eastbound that they might not be able to perform a full show but might start with a soft opening of Cats by the end of the Westbound TA. They have to change the stage settings and the new stuff will come aboard during the drydock. Not until after the changes the new cast can start the rehearsals. I know that you were able to book Cats for the Westbound. Anyway when we boarded our show schedule was totally changed and we had to get it into a new order at Studio B.

steamboats

Yes my booked show for CATS is the second to last evening on the ship. Soft opening is fine for me as I do have another booking on OASIS early in the new year.

I will be quite attentive to the show schedule and our bookings. For me personally I have seen all the shows (regular ones) on OASIS more than once so I am flexible. Thanks for your input here on this thread

Chip London I agree with your post re the 'Secret balconies' I have used especially the one on deck 11 many times mostly for a sail away location and and place for some quiet time and to watch the Aquashow. Yes they were little used areas very nice if you knew about them but I certainly see RCI's thinking on this one. If fact as soon as I read about someone being relocated because of construction my firs thought was 'they are taking away that balcony" What a view for a suite right there.:)

On previous sailings I would choose my Boardwalk balcony on deck 11 because of the proximity to this balcony area and the CL location as well on that deck

So if this changes I am back to studying the deck plans for a new cabin for me :)

Emmy,

NHDisneylover,

Saw you at 150CP. As I said I was not really impressed by the meat dishes. Service was o.k.. But the Cucumber Martini did lack some vodka (much more vodka in the Cosmo I had daily during the cocktail hour). And I was so much looking forward to the Cucumber Martini :(.

steamboats

I thought I saw you, a table closer to the door and a couple over :)

Our waiter was just really rushing us (odd, given that the places was half empty). It started when, almost immediately after we were seated he came up and asked us if we had seen anything on the menu we had allergies to or did not eat; we responded that we had just sat down and had not even opened our menus yet, and he said he would wait while we looked so we could go ahead and order quickly (we had to get insistent to have him leave and let us look at the menus among ourselves for a bit). And it just kept on. TWICE someone at our table had a plate removed with fork still in hand and having not finished the course (we asked for it back once). Instead of lingering over a meal, our group was rushed through and out faster than from the MDR. We were taking my in laws there for their 50th anniversary and it was kind of embarrassing as "hosts" :(

Ah well, you win some and you lose some I guess. We had great service at Chops and Izumi.:)

Someone on the current Oasis cruise may correct me but we were told the final Hairspray on the Oasis was on the crossing. They're switching over to Cats. I don't know if the Oasis will have Cats for the return crossing but we're back on it Nov 15 and have already booked Cats

Tim

We were told that they are only 6 Hairspray shows left and that Cats will start when the ship gets back to florida

I read a few reports about pretty smooth seas. But as pool people, was the weather warm enough to use the pools every day?

We had one cooler and rainy day as we first arrived in the Med (though it was still plenty warm enough for the hot tub or little pool in the Solarium, in our opinions)--the other 11 were all nice and plenty warm enough to swim. The pools and loungers got plenty of use from what I saw.

"Secret" balconies are my favorite spots!

That would be a terrible loss for this class of ships.

These absolutely amazing spots are critical for a status of the ship. I am not joking.

Hope it won't happen.

"Critical for a status of the ship"

Sorry - but that seems a bit over the top. Lol. I could understand it if you referring to things like eateries, bars or staterooms, but not secret balconies.

:(