Just back from Oasis transatlantic

ggglo

Just came home tonight from Barcelona. What can I say??? The cruise was fabulous. 11 days at sea and we were sad to leave. Been on oasis and allure several times. There's never a boring day or night. Lots of shows added. Recommend it to snyone who loves those ships!

Did they change the 2 level concierge lounge on deck 11? Did they put cabins in that space?

If so, where is the suite concierge located?

Latest speculation (I'm still on Oasis;) is that it will become a restaurant, possibly Wonderland or Coastal Kitchen. Many rumors. Captain Trym was asked questions about the dry dock during the Captain's Corner, but didn't give any answers other than a lot will be done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Latest speculation (I'm still on Oasis;) is that it will become a restaurant, possibly Wonderland or Coastal Kitchen. Many rumors. Captain Trym was asked questions about the dry dock during the Captain's Corner, but didn't give any answers other than a lot will be done.

That's very interesting. Thanks for the update!

Did they change the 2 level concierge lounge on deck 11? Did they put cabins in that space?

If so, where is the suite concierge located?

Really? They just did the transatlantic, not the drydock which is coming up. 11 days at sea, not weeks in drydock.

Edited by BND

That's very interesting. Thanks for the update!

The Concierge Club is being moved to the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 17. This is a fact as is the Solarium Bistro will remain with some upgrades to the AC. Rumors are that the Loft (Pinnacle) Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel are being removed for luxury suites. Also that the Presidential and Royal suites will be removed and replaced with balcony (JS?) staterooms. Also a rumor that the "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 will become suites like decks 8-10. Seafood Shack is being replaced. I've heard both Japanese and Mexican. At least we will know for sure in about a month😄

Really? They just did the transatlantic, not the drydock which is coming up. 11 days at sea, not weeks in drydock.

I thought the same. And they would hardly close down the Concierge lounge on a crossing which had several hundred D+ and Pinnacle guests - as well as all the suite guests.

I thought the same. And they would hardly close down the Concierge lounge on a crossing which had several hundred D+ and Pinnacle guests - as well as all the suite guests.

Yes. For the crossing there were 55 PC and 600 D+ on board. Dazzles was used for CL overflow. There were 3674 C&A members on the crossing, a new record. On this 5 night sailing there are 6 PC members on board. 260 people are doing a B2B with the crossing. About 250 will continue on the next 5 night cruise.

Just came home tonight from Barcelona. What can I say??? The cruise was fabulous. 11 days at sea and we were sad to leave. Been on oasis and allure several times. There's never a boring day or night. Lots of shows added. Recommend it to snyone who loves those ships!

Hi ggglo.

Glad you had a great time. I'm on the Allures return to America next year.

Can you tell me more about the shows they added. Was it the current show more times or new shows?

Thanks in advance.

If you ask rci, they tell you there are no additional shoes, but when we got on ship we slowly learned there were additional entertainers every night. Had ten shows altogether including the usual ones. Very talented headliners, funny comedians, and then hairspray, ice show, diving show, come fly with me, etc.

We were very busy!

That would be too bad if they replace the secret balconies on 11 & 12. That was one of the reasons we booked a cabin on 11 towards aft.

Oh well. Hopefully lots of great changes will be made in dry dock.

That is sad for me as well but I certainly see why... more revenue if they create suites there.

I have enjoyed those public areas many times and used it as a spot to wave to the webcam. I am on the westbound TA crossing and look forward to discovering the NEW Lady O:)

Also a rumor that the "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 will become suites like decks 8-10.

"Secret" balconies are my favorite spots!

That would be a terrible loss for this class of ships.

These absolutely amazing spots are critical for a status of the ship. I am not joking.

Hope it won't happen.

The Concierge Club is being moved to the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 17. This is a fact as is the Solarium Bistro will remain with some upgrades to the AC. Rumors are that the Loft (Pinnacle) Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel are being removed for luxury suites. Also that the Presidential and Royal suites will be removed and replaced with balcony (JS?) staterooms. Also a rumor that the "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 will become suites like decks 8-10. Seafood Shack is being replaced. I've heard both Japanese and Mexican. At least we will know for sure in about a month

When the CL is moved to the Viking Crown Lounge, will the breakfast and lunch end? That's one of our favorites. Many passengers pick their cabin based upon the CL's location. I am one of them!

I enjoyed the balconies in the aft on deck 11 too. Sad to see it go.

Edited by cruzingduo
spelling

Very odd how they are making these changes and yet haven't shown them in advance on deck plans or anything and let people go ahead booking cabins based on what is showing on both current and future deck plans on Royals site. Also VERY odd that it seems some of the construction will continue during revenue sailings post dry-dock.

Very odd how they are making these changes and yet haven't shown them in advance on deck plans or anything and let people go ahead booking cabins based on what is showing on both current and future deck plans on Royals site. Also VERY odd that it seems some of the construction will continue during revenue sailings post dry-dock.

I'm a bit confused about this post - maybe I missed something :confused::confused:

If they are creating new cabins out of other areas - eg pinnacle lounge, secret balconies - why would it impact on cabins which are already booked? Surely they would just be added to the options at a later date.

And where does it say that construction is continuing during revenue sailings post dry-dock?

The Concierge Club is being moved to the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 17. This is a fact as is the Solarium Bistro will remain with some upgrades to the AC. Rumors are that the Loft (Pinnacle) Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel are being removed for luxury suites. Also that the Presidential and Royal suites will be removed and replaced with balcony (JS?) staterooms. Also a rumor that the "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 will become suites like decks 8-10. Seafood Shack is being replaced. I've heard both Japanese and Mexican. At least we will know for sure in about a month

Sounds like they plan to do a lot during the shot dry dock period. Isn't the dry dock about two weeks? With major changes that have been rumored it usually takes about four weeks, e.g. Navigator and next Freedom OTS.

Edit: Hope all of you are having a great time and thank you for the updates.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I'm a bit confused about this post - maybe I missed something :confused::confused:

If they are creating new cabins out of other areas - eg pinnacle lounge, secret balconies - why would it impact on cabins which are already booked? Surely they would just be added to the options at a later date.

And where does it say that construction is continuing during revenue sailings post dry-dock?

People in the most aft boardwalk cabins on both deck 11 and 12 booked on the transatlantic back to FLL have just been notified that they have been relocated due to construction http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44092391&postcount=3730

There is more info on this through the roll call thread if you continue to read the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030742&page=187

It has also been posted a couple times that both the Royal and Presidential suites on deck 12 are being replaced with cabins....not to mention now confirmed that the CL is moving to deck 17.

There has also been another post....you can do a search....where the guy who booked the Royal Suite on that transatlantic was also notified that he has to be moved as the cabin is being taken out of service due to construction.

Edited by bajathree

People in the most aft boardwalk cabins on both deck 11 and 12 booked on the transatlantic back to FLL have just been notified that they have been relocated due to construction http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44092391&postcount=3730

There is more info on this through the roll call thread if you continue to read the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030742&page=187

It has also been posted a couple times that both the Royal and Presidential suites on deck 12 are being replaced with cabins....not to mention now confirmed that the CL is moving to deck 17.

There has also been another post....you can do a search....where the guy who booked the Royal Suite on that transatlantic was also notified that he has to be moved as the cabin is being taken out of service due to construction.

Thank you for your post.

I know alot of changes are coming, and cannot wait to hear them all.

Daily I have the DH do "bookings" for our sailing in August and so far no noticiable price change or new cabins.

Will keep doing.

Sea Ya

Ah thank you. Now I understand. So it sounds as if it's definite that the secret balconies will be no more. I obviously missed those threads. :o