Recommendations for group of 6 - 3 couples please

GeorgiaMomof4

I would love some suggestions for a day on Grand Cayman. We are coming in on the Carnival Paradise and our itinerary says we will be there from 10 am to 6 pm. This will be in Feburary, 2015.

There will be 6 adults - 3 couples. Out of the 6, 4 of us have been to Grand Cayman before and we did an Island Marketing - Eco Outrage tour on a private boat with our families. We did stingray city - although it was very windy and the water was so choppy that day we couldn't hardly get in the water and one in our party got sick so we had to cut our time short there and I didn't even get to interact with the stingrays, starfish point and some sightseeing on the boat that day as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing another stingray city and starfish point tour but I'm not sure my travel mates want to do that.

We aren't really interested in the turtle farm so anyone with any ideas on what might be good for us?

I've looked at Soto Cruises and am thinking about doing that, but would like some ideas on something to do after we finish up that trip. Don't care to do some shopping - nothing major like jewelry - just some souvenir type things.

Any help will be appreciated. We are just at a loss on what to do for the day.

Thanks again in advance!

I live on the island and I would suggest stingray city is a must. it such an awesome experience.

the company i always book thru and send my friends to is:

stingray city united dot com

they are located at Dolphin Cove Cayman.

with the groups discount you will pay around 35 each.

this will get you the nat geo exhibit and generally a great day.

I suggest walking the mile to Sunset House Resort. Grabbing some snorkel gear and head out. When you are done snorkeling, use the pool, sit at the patio at My Bar and enjoy the sunshine, great food and cold beer! When you are ready, walk the enjoyable walk back to town, do a little shopping and have a drink at Margaritaville or Paradise Grille (where you can see them feed the tarpon). An hour before you need to head back to the ship, start heading toward the tender pier.

Really easy, go at your own pace, inexpensive day! Even if you need to rent snorkel gear and eat and drink, it will probably be less than booking an excursion for all of you.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

We used Sotos and had a great time. After the tour they offered to drop us off at 7 Mile Beach for anyone interested in that. Then you would have to take a cab back to the ship. Otherwise when they return you to the pier you can shop for souveniers as there are lots of shops in that area.

Just my opinion..sometimes is is not best for everyone to try to do the same thing. People may have different interests so it's ok to go your separate ways and do your own thing keeping everyone happy.

Hi Marie- What is there to do at 7 mile beach? Are there beach chairs or places to eat/drink?

We used Sotos and had a great time. After the tour they offered to drop us off at 7 Mile Beach for anyone interested in that. Then you would have to take a cab back to the ship. Otherwise when they return you to the pier you can shop for souveniers as there are lots of shops in that area.

Just my opinion..sometimes is is not best for everyone to try to do the same thing. People may have different interests so it's ok to go your separate ways and do your own thing keeping everyone happy.

Hi Marie- What is there to do at 7 mile beach? Are there beach chairs or places to eat/drink?

Yes, just ask the driver to drop you off at an area of the beach with facilities. There are chairs & umbrellas for rent and restaurants if you want a meal/drinks.

Gorgeous beach by the way.

We were just in Grand Cayman a couple of weeks ago and did the Stingray City for the first time......WOW.....JUST WOW!!!

I still look at my pictures of that beautiful water and cannot believe how amazing it was!

When we return to GC we will do the Stingrays again just for the wonderful experience!!!

Yes, just ask the driver to drop you off at an area of the beach with facilities. There are chairs & umbrellas for rent and restaurants if you want a meal/drinks.

Gorgeous beach by the way.

Sounds perfect. I think we will do the stingray tour and then spend the rest of the day on this beach. Sounds like a wonderful day! Can't wait!