HAL 22 day Spanish Farewell Bareclona to Tampa Nov 2014

akyraty

I have Just booked a 22 day cruise through HAL online. As a large Vessel Virgin I have no idea what to expect.

Information for this particular cruise seems top secret.

Not having booked through an agent I do not have transfer to ship privilege in Barcelona and don't want to miss the ship.

Any advice on where to board the HAL Ryndam?? I found some reference to Quai Adossat (which is relatively close to the hotel I have booked) however I need to be sure; perpetual planner by trade.

I have booked a couple tours in ports of Spain, not through HAL.

Wondering if anybody has a best of suggestions Malaga, Cadiz, Ponta Delgada ...

22 days at sea for a 1st timer ... should I be scared????

too many questions for one post?

Are you leaving Barcelona on Nov. 1? If so, you should check the roll call for your cruise, and there will probably be lots of helpful hints on it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1904092.

From Malaga, we have gone to the Alhambra once, an amazing place - I thought almost Gaudi-esque, after Barcelona. Another time we took an interesting city tour of Malaga.

From Cadiz, you can do a tour to Seville, or like us this next cruise, visit the "White Villages". Cadiz is cute and easy to walk around.

Ponta Delgada is fun to walk around, or take a tour - but sometimes if the weather is bad the port is a miss, so probably safest to take a HAL shorex, unless you are sure the local tour company will let you off the hook if you don't make it!

We can never have too many days at sea!:D

PS. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Edited by Vict0riann

Nov 1 yes, and thank you ... new to this (or any) board as well so learning how to search still ..

I appreciate the Link and the advice - I didn't think of bad weather cancellation.

We have a Cadiz to Seville tour booked and considering one in Malaga, that's it so far ...

off to check out roll call!!

I have Just booked a 22 day cruise through HAL online. As a large Vessel Virgin I have no idea what to expect.

Information for this particular cruise seems top secret.

Not having booked through an agent I do not have transfer to ship privilege in Barcelona and don't want to miss the ship.

Any advice on where to board the HAL Ryndam?? I found some reference to Quai Adossat (which is relatively close to the hotel I have booked) however I need to be sure; perpetual planner by trade.

I have booked a couple tours in ports of Spain, not through HAL.

Wondering if anybody has a best of suggestions Malaga, Cadiz, Ponta Delgada ...

22 days at sea for a 1st timer ... should I be scared????

too many questions for one post?

The Spanish ports are very easy and very close to where the ship docks. We find it's fun to just immerse ourselves into the culture, enjoy some tapas, some people watching, going to the markets...and visiting the historical sites nearby.

Hi there,

On the 2nd of November, there is a meet & greet in the Crows Nest at 10am.

We will board in Istanbul after flying in from Melbourne Au via Kuala Lumpur & Dubai.

Have a look at the video link below for the Rotterdam Atlantic Crossing as it will show you some of the ports we will visit.

Rotterdam Spanish Charms highlights Nov.2011

See you on board

Bellair

Edited by Bellair
added