Wedding Invitations

Red84

So I found a few Wedding Invitation Ideas, after showing them to my sister she said that in her opinion that they are to kids birthday party and thinks I should go with traditional wedding invites...what do you think?

il_570xN_569829065_r6ld.jpg.b1bc901622deb242857663410cfa0c8c.jpg

3cf2411067302f5d25c129a4008d386f.jpg.32219e97a97aa36af269d0f28e2b8a11.jpg

5a7009d8adac730698a0f6dbdcf4ff46.jpg.b7f830e69bbf8b4ea23d2234b94d3ed4.jpg

il_570xN_453519322_96ui.jpg.a4ad7080842d8e08b2e7289594d9d7f7.jpg

I think it's your wedding and you should make it everything you want it to be. The last thing you want is to look back on your wedding photos and think "I just wish..." Besides, I think it's a cute theme <3

Sent from my Galaxy S4. Typos inevitable.

Fully agree

It is your personal time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do what you want. And I think the invites should help portray the feel of the wedding, so I love the theme invites. People will generally use the invites to get an idea about the formality of atmosphere of the wedding. It's kind of a preview of what to expect. If it's a really formal invite, they will expect a really formal wedding, and dress appropriately. If invite is less formal, that means the wedding & attire are expected to be less formal.

My invites were certainly not typical wedding invites. And definitely not formal. I did boarding passes for Save the Dates and passports invites. I wanted something where I could relay all the info (travel/cruise/etc.) to everyone. They all loved them.

Also, just because you do theme invites, doesn't mean they can't still be formal or wedding-y or somewhat formal. I like the top black & white ones. They do still have a somewhat elegant feel to them. Or you could tone down the theme and do something a bit more subtle with just using the fonts and layout. Like with that top example, I'd probably skip "The Empire Gets Hitched" stuff. But, you could easily do the main invite part of it and still have it look elegant & formal. The theme is still there, and obvious to anyone that knows Star Wars at all, but subtle. Then I'd maybe make stickers with the symbols and use them to seal the envelopes or something.

And I love the save the dates you posted. You can totally go informal and more fun with save the dates... I'd definitely go all out Star Wars on those. Especially if you were to go more subtle with the theme in the invites.

But, if you want fully Star Wars themed invites, I say go for it. It's your wedding. And like I said, the invites are the preview into the wedding, so they should match the wedding atmosphere/decor.

IMG_2487-edit.jpg.84a37d668445780defe5cb4914cb2a58.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg.d2a420d46a2b0515ba55fcb023a785c3.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg.0938135316ea9f0902d3fac2d9264c6f.jpg

IMG_4022-edit.jpg.5a363b019cbd54c6891ce0a79ad3b33a.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg.376ee759c1427edafb136a54a47ec77f.jpg

Do what you want. And I think the invites should help portray the feel of the wedding, so I love the theme invites. People will generally use the invites to get an idea about the formality of atmosphere of the wedding. It's kind of a preview of what to expect. If it's a really formal invite, they will expect a really formal wedding, and dress appropriately. If invite is less formal, that means the wedding & attire are expected to be less formal.

My invites were certainly not typical wedding invites. And definitely not formal. I did boarding passes for Save the Dates and passports invites. I wanted something where I could relay all the info (travel/cruise/etc.) to everyone. They all loved them.

Also, just because you do theme invites, doesn't mean they can't still be formal or wedding-y or somewhat formal. I like the top black & white ones. They do still have a somewhat elegant feel to them. Or you could tone down the theme and do something a bit more subtle with just using the fonts and layout. Like with that top example, I'd probably skip "The Empire Gets Hitched" stuff. But, you could easily do the main invite part of it and still have it look elegant & formal. The theme is still there, and obvious to anyone that knows Star Wars at all, but subtle. Then I'd maybe make stickers with the symbols and use them to seal the envelopes or something.

And I love the save the dates you posted. You can totally go informal and more fun with save the dates... I'd definitely go all out Star Wars on those. Especially if you were to go more subtle with the theme in the invites.

But, if you want fully Star Wars themed invites, I say go for it. It's your wedding. And like I said, the invites are the preview into the wedding, so they should match the wedding atmosphere/decor.

Also live the Star Wars theme idea

And agree invites should go with that theme

All yours is the day young one

From it learn you and grow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums