Carnival brings in outside to head entertainment

jimbo5544

LOL, it's not hip-hop/rap. Last cruise I paid particular attention to the Lido music because I keep reading complaints about it here. Actually, during the 'lull' they were playing a lot of 'Island' stuff, Jimmy Buffet, Bob Marley, etc... Then when the events started, like Sail Away, or Mixologist, or Hairy Chest, the would punch the music to top 40 pop with a heavy emphais on techno.

As much as a dwindling section of the cruising population would like, they are NOT going to play Sinatra, Johnny Cash, or The Shondells on Lido.

I was on the Liberty this April 4, 14 and the DJ actually played good music no rap or hip- hop and the guitar players also played a good mixture of songs but it was spring break which may have influenced the type of music being played.

Gary

We have complained BITTERLY !!!! about the painfully loud DJ "music" on the Lido wen first boarding. Conversation is impossible, noise level beyond annoying. We've given up trying to enjoy the outside (would love steel band again at a reasonable decibel level). I hope they send out a survey.

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't bother me one bit if they never brought back steel drums. It's so one-dimensional and after about 5 minutes of hearing it, I want to rip my ears off. About as annoying as hearing Margaritavile for the 10,000th time.

I don't have a problem with Lido DJs as long as there is a healthy mix of all types of music at a reasonable volume. Music offerings on our Liberty cruise this past summer were very good.