Can I bring liquid coffee creamer onboard?

sherezada

We're leaving on the Navigator next week. I can't have my coffee without flavored creamer. Will they allow me to bring it onboard?

P.S. I'm aware about the opinions on the ship's coffee (yet another reason to bring the flavored creamer).

We drive to the port, so we don't have to deal with TSA. We bring 2 bottles of Coffee Mate on board with us. We put it in a collapsible soft cooler with one of those frozen blue brick things. Just put it through the x-ray with your carry -on. If you have a fridge, store them there. If not, Have your cabin steward refill the cooler with ice daily (ask and they will).

We had one agent ask us to unscrew the cap and looked at the seal. Never been questioned by anyone else.

We drive to the port, so we don't have to deal with TSA. We bring 2 bottles of Coffee Mate on board with us. We put it in a collapsible soft cooler with one of those frozen blue brick things. Just put it through the x-ray with your carry -on. If you have a fridge, store them there. If not, Have your cabin steward refill the cooler with ice daily (ask and they will).

We had one agent ask us to unscrew the cap and looked at the seal. Never been questioned by anyone else.

Same here, I was looking for a way to get it discreetly from cabin to MDR though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Why not just get coffee everyday at the coffee shop where they have liquid creamer? I know it cost $2 per day, but to me it's worth it, better coffee and I'm carrying around hot spoiled liquid creamer.

Just an idea, either should work. Have a blast on NOS, she is a very special lady!

PS. DO NOT MISS SABORS!

I only drink my coffee with Bailey's French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. Either I'm going to need to find a store in Ft. Lauderdale to buy it at the night before we leave OR I'm going to be experiencing a caffeine withdrawl headache the first couple of days of our cruise. Or I just need to figure out how to pack it in my suitcase and keep it cold on our flights down to Florida .

I had a woman at my table in the MDR for breakfast who liked flavored coffee. She brought her travel mug to the table containing her flavor enhancers and just had the assistant waiter fill her travel mug. Nobody took exception to it, I have no idea if she did it for lunch and dinner also.

Thanks for the reminder- just added hazelnut creamers to my grocery list!

The little individual creamers don't need refrigeration so no spoilage.

On my last cruise I just carried 2 with me when I went to Cafe Promenade or WJ for coffee.:)

Saw a new product in the grocery store today. It was Coffee Mate 2 Go, a few flavors like Hazelnut, in a smallish squeeze bottle. It was a 3x concentrate 3 oz size to make it easy to take traveling. Think of those water flavor enhancers like Mio - about that size. Pretty cool, think I'll pick up one to try.

Oh, and it was on the regular shelf along with the other non-refrigerated creamers.

Edited by StarSong2001

Saw a new product in the grocery store today. It was Coffee Mate 2 Go, a few flavors like Hazelnut, in a smallish squeeze bottle. It was a 3x concentrate 3 oz size to make it easy to take traveling. Think of those water flavor enhancers like Mio - about that size. Pretty cool, think I'll pick up one to try.

Oh, and it was on the regular shelf along with the other non-refrigerated creamers.

Thanks, I'll look for it at Publix

The only thing about the bottles, is that they need to be kept refrigerated. And the "refrigerators" on the ship are usually just a cooler. I'm not sure that it would keep the creamers (bottles, not the mini cups) at the suggested temperature to prevent spoilage. I too am hooked on the peppermint mocha and had no idea they came in individual servings that didn't need to be kept cold. Thanks for the suggestion.

The only thing about the bottles, is that they need to be kept refrigerated. And the "refrigerators" on the ship are usually just a cooler. I'm not sure that it would keep the creamers (bottles, not the mini cups) at the suggested temperature to prevent spoilage. I too am hooked on the peppermint mocha and had no idea they came in individual servings that didn't need to be kept cold. Thanks for the suggestion.

There is no dairy in these creamers. I doubt they are that temp sensitive. I'm sure in room cooler is fine

There is no dairy in these creamers. I doubt they are that temp sensitive. I'm sure in room cooler is fine

Perhaps we're talking about 2 different products. My Nestle' Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha says right on the bottle "Keep Refrigerated" and in bold type it says "Contains milk derivative." Not milk, indeed, but milk derivative and the "Keep Refrigerated" rather than "keep cool" is enough for me. Probably 90% of the time keeping it in the cabin "cooler" is absolutely fine. I don't want to be in that 10%.

I'm a former health care worker (RN) and I tend to err on the side of caution.

Perhaps we're talking about 2 different products. My Nestle' Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha says right on the bottle "Keep Refrigerated" and in bold type it says "Contains milk derivative." Not milk, indeed, but milk derivative and the "Keep Refrigerated" rather than "keep cool" is enough for me. Probably 90% of the time keeping it in the cabin "cooler" is absolutely fine. I don't want to be in that 10%.

I'm a former health care worker (RN) and I tend to err on the side of caution.

The big bottles you get from the dairy case have to be refrigerated. The little single-serve cups you get from the shelves where coffee is sold don't have to be. That's why they are sold where the also need to be stored. The little squeeze bottle of concentrate I've been mentioning is sold on the shelf, so it can be put in your purse and carried around without worrying about keeping it cold.

The little mini cups are like those in many commercial places. These are great for my work. Can keep them in the desk drawer and use as needed. We have a Keurig in the area lounge. Makes getting a good cup of coffee very easy!:D

• 2 years later...

Glad I found this thread, I LOVE vanilla syrup and use it in my coffee everyday with regular cream. I used to bring a whole tub of the individual vanilla non-refrigerated creamers and never had a problem on a cruise, but now switched to syrup.. Hopefully they'll ignore my syrup like the creamers. Since our cabin has a coffee maker, might as well try.