Diamond Plus Bonus Gift Preferences and Dynamic Dining Reminder

rakes5

We are Diamond Plus, and I updated our Bonus Gift Preferences for both of us.

We used to get a free bottle of wine in the dining room, but we used to split the bottle over two nights. They would save the bottle with our name on it for the second night. Now we are eating someplace different each night, so we changed to have the bottle delivered to our stateroom.

I know a lot of people have a bottle or two at dinner, but we don't.

Just a reminder if you are like us. I changed both of our preferences just to be sure.

We have our C&A bottles of wine in the dining room as well and this was one of my queries re the wine and Dynamic dining.

We had lunch with the F&B manager on Adventure last week and I asked him how it would work. I know on a 7 night cruise our wine is delivered day one, three and five. Basically he said that depending on which restaurant you have booked on each of those days that is where your wine will be delivered to. If you don't finish the wine it can be saved as usual and you will just let your waiter know at the next venue you have unfinished wine at X restaurant and they will go and get it.

Sounds simple, we are on Quantum on 2nd November so we'll see how it pans out.

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Quantum TA so here is the follow up.

First bottle we requested in Silk- no problem except they brought the wrong wine due to transposing the cabin number - soon sorted.

Second bottle was in Chic- our choice was not available but the head waiter on duty was someone we knew and brought our other wine of choice.

Third bottle in American Icon - took a while, we had finished our starter but eventually sorted.

Due to the slower service we did manage to drink each bottle on the night so didn't have the chance to test saving half for another night . :(

We were never offered ours in any dining room

Did you ask for it?

The Adventure is the best ship for organising C&A dining room wine. They always have the gifts and gear slips printed out and just hand them to the waiter as we arrive . On other ships I have to ask.

Previously, we always mentioned to the Asst Waiter that we were supposed to have a bottle of wine for being D+. Not sure if it was necessary but we got the bottle of wine and it was there the next night.

Given that this is a new ship with a new dining format, we also decided to change our preferences for the 11/23 cruise from DR to SR just to be sure.