Do remember this, Atlantis, Comfort Suites

mommabean

Hi,

I'm just back from a 3 night Majesty Cruise. I booked a room at the Comfort Suites. On Sunday it was so easy to get a cab and over there fast.

As I was checking in, she asked for my credit card. I was traveling light and only brought money for food, leaving my regular wallet in my safe - credit cards and all. I assumed since I booked the room and guaranteed it with my card number and they say they will run the charge if you don't show up and forget to cancel at leat 48 hours ahead, that they could just run the charge when I arrived from the card I used at the time I reserved the room.

I thought I'd have to go back to the ship and get my card which meant a hassle and paying for the cab again round trip just to retrieve my card. Fortunately I had my 19 year old daughter with me. And I was lucky she brought her fully funded debit card with her. Once I thought to ask her if she had her card I was relieved. Of course I won't get the frequent flier miles I would have gotten had the charge been run on my card.

Anyway, the woman at the desk knew I was there on a ship, gave me my receipt right then, told me my room was ready if I wanted to use it and could leave the keys in the room, or if I didn't want to return, I could take my keys with me.

Another problem with not having my credit card - Very few food or drink places at Atlantis will let you pay cash. That was what I wanted to do. They will only take credit cards or an Atlantis room key so they can add the charges to your final bill. This didn't work for me. I didn't want to keep using my daughter's card.

The drink places that took cash didn't get their ice for making drinks until almost noon. We had to eat at the building with the shell pattern decorating the roof - I can't remember the name - since they were the only place we could find that took cash. The conch salad was great.

Just remember - take your credit card. Everything will be much easier if you remember this one important little detail.

And there are employees all over the place at the entrances to the grounds checking room keys or arm bands. You will be turned away if you try to sneak in unpaid unless you go the rare entrance where someone is gone for a few minutes. There is even someone at the exit of the digs so you can't get out that way either unless you have your armband. We saw a woman and her daughter from our ship trying to cheat the system and were turned away. How embarassing.

Momabean..........thanks for the helpfull tips.........I can't wait to see my girls faces when they see the Atlantis. They have been wanting to go since they saw it in a Mary Kate and Ashley movie. We are trying to keep it a secret until we get there. They think that we are going to the Mall of AMerica ! ! ! !

We leave for our 5 night cruise on the 27th. We also reserved a room at the Comfort Suites in order to use the Atlantis waterpark.

This time of year how were the lines? Were they long? Was the water features crowded? How was the weather? How late were the wateparks open?

10 days and counting................

dondonma

I too would like to know the information as the above poster as we are going to be at Atlantis next Tuesday.:p We already have our room booked at the Comfort Suites next door. If we choose to take the ferry back to the pier do you know were we can pick it up from Atlantis?

Thanks,

Dyanna

Dondoma,

Waterparks start to close around 5:30.. or so.. pools stay open til 7 in the summer, but close MUCH earlier in the winter. Winter months.. the pools close at dusk, which at some point, can be as early as 4:30pm

Dyanna,

You can pick up the ferry from the dock located under the western bridge across from Club Land'or. There are people along the walkway pointing out the way. There are also signs for the Ferry Boats. Last ferry back to Nassau departs around 5:30pm.

Thank you SO much for this info - We are sailing on the Glory in October and our first stop on Sunday is Nassau. We have the Comfort Inn booked so we can use the Atlantis - my girls (14 and 17) are also real excited about it. Thanks for the credit card tip. I am a little worried though - we arrive at 8:30 AM and leave at 2:00 PM (not sure why such a short stay). Will we have enough time to get checked in, enjoy the pools/slides for a few hours and return to the ship in time - I don't want to be "frazzled". We were planning on taking a cab to and from (thinking that would be the quickest). Do you know what the taxi's cost and are they easy to find for the return trip to the ship? Any info would be appreciated. ;)

It was $4 per person for the cab plus $1 for the toll over the bridge plus tip. It was super fast since we were there on a Sunday. We got off the ship early just after 8am. There were no other people getting off our ship that early other than those with scheduled excursions and no other ships in port. With all the cabs lined up and no one getting off, I told them I was looking for a cab to leave now without waiting for other passengers. No problem. We got a nice van with A/C all to ourselves. The return cab was even nicer - new, soft leather seats and smelled like pina colada scent in addition to the cold A/C. There were 2 other people in the cab going back to the airport so we were dropped off first.

The lines for the slides at Atlantis were long by 11am. We didn't even go down the slides but could see how crowded it was. I thought my girls would want to do that but the older one hung out by the pool reading her book and the younger one liked the underwater fish tanks in the digs and just wandering around and looking for familiar sites from the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movie.

The lazy river was on the opposite side over near the Comfort Suites. I don't think it was as crowded but we were so hot by the time we got back over there that we left to go back to the ship instead at about 1:30pm.

• 1 month later...

We were supposed to be there from 9am-7pm, but captain changed our itinerary to a different day and different hours due to what was then Tropical Depression Rita. So, we only ended up in port from noon to 8pm. We still really enjoyed gong to Atlantis. We walked the grounds first viewing all of the aquariums and the Dig, and then went swimming and did the water slides. 2 of the pool areas were closed for renovations so be sure to check their website on the pools so you know which ones. I can't remember their specific names. Anyway, we hung out at the Mayan Temple Slide and the Ripples Kiddie Pool area on the back side of it most of the day. Not busy at all, and the kids loved the slides in their area. DH & I took turns with the kiddies and the Temple Slide which was virtually walk on w/no wait. Awesome! Definitely worth it on our trip!

Archived