Godfrey Tours -any recent cruisers

CMM

Papa Bear of havefunwithus.net is a good friend of Godfrey's. Try him if you cannot contact Godfrey. Godfrey seems pretty reservered whereas Papa Bear has a larger personality.

I looked at their tours but I really liked Godfrey's better. I'm a fair Irish girl, there's only so much beach I can handle. lol

If Godfrey isn't there that day, I'm hoping there will be other operators at the pier that have tours that we can jump on.

I'm having the same trouble with Godfrey's Tour. I've emailed and submitted form. I was just curious if he had an afternoon (12noon) tour for those ships (FOS) that don't arrive until Noon. I leave in 11 days so any suggestions on other tours?

I liked his because it was a tour, beach and shopping. Through in the free drink and it was a good deal! :p

I filled out the form on the website and left a message. Did anyone have any issues with him NOT being at the port when you arrived after you reserved on the website?

Thanks!

Did you actually get confirmation back from Godfrey Tours? We will be in St Thomas on Dec 3 and have tried numerous time to reach him via email, website, phone all to no avail.

John & Janice

Still no reply, no confirmation from our web-based reserveration. No reply to the e-mail I sent. I've been checking the spam folder every day but nothing there.

I'll check in with my iPad and let you all know if he was there when we arrive in St. Thomas. <crossing my fingers>

Still no reply, no confirmation from our web-based reserveration. No reply to the e-mail I sent. I've been checking the spam folder every day but nothing there.

I'll check in with my iPad and let you all know if he was there when we arrive in St. Thomas. <crossing my fingers>

Let me know if you hear anything. I'm going to try again. If there's not a tour available when my ship Freedom of Seas is there, at least they could let me know. We are there on December 3rd, Noon - 7pm.

Finally received email confirmation from Godfrey Tours today for our St Thomas day on Dec 3.

He stated in his email that he was sorry but he had been experiencing computer problems. So hopefully the rest of you will get confirmations from him as well.

Now, lets just hope he shows up at the doc :)

Finally received email confirmation from Godfrey Tours today for our St Thomas day on Dec 3.

He stated in his email that he was sorry but he had been experiencing computer problems. So hopefully the rest of you will get confirmations from him as well.

Now, lets just hope he shows up at the doc :)

Please report back and let us know how it goes. I also received a confirmation email today for our cruise in Feb. Still will be anxious to hear that it all goes well for you! Have a wonderful time!

We just toured with Godfrey last week Nov 18th. He explained he was having trouble replying to emails and reservations. He met us at the gate soon as we got off the ship. For $35 he takes you to town for some shopping then to Mountain top. Then to a botanical garden. After that he will drop you off at a beach of your choice for about 2 hours or if you want or take you back to the ship. I thought for $35 dollars it was a bargain especially as he supplies water and soda free. He also gives you a ticket for a free banana daiquiri at Mountain top. He’s a great guy and guide.

We just toured with Godfrey last week Nov 18th. He explained he was having trouble replying to emails and reservations. He met us at the gate soon as we got off the ship. For $35 he takes you to town for some shopping then to Mountain top. Then to a botanical garden. After that he will drop you off at a beach of your choice for about 2 hours or if you want or take you back to the ship. I thought for $35 dollars it was a bargain especially as he supplies water and soda free. He also gives you a ticket for a free banana daiquiri at Mountain top. He’s a great guy and guide.

PatsFan (hey they're doing awesome!)..

We are booked with him next week and we don't want to go to the beach, will he take us back to the ship while the rest are at the beach?

All is good with Godfrey! We tendered in so we were nowhere near the dock but Godfrey had another tour operator meet us and he showed us where to shop for the first part of the tour and where to meet the buses. Godfrey came at 11am for the tour part and got us, he definitely is in full operation and even had two full tour buses going together. The tour was worth it and

I am glad we booked with him!

I filled out the form on the website and left a message. Did anyone have any issues with him NOT being at the port when you arrived after you reserved on the website?

Thanks!

I booked with Godfrey. Our ship got cleared a little late. When I arrived at the port he was no where to be found. I took his cellphone number down before I left on the cruise. All I got was "the number you are calling has not set up a voicemail box". Sunny Liston Tours was there and said his tour was the same as Godfrey's. He didn't take us shopping and did not take us to the Botanical Gardens. He didn't have water and I had to ask him about the drink on Mountain Top. It was a waste of time for me.

Godfrey is having technical difficulties with their website, we learned. They did meet us after we finally confirmed via email. We texted when we arrived - since it's St Thomas you can do that for no cost with Verizon. I think ATT is the same. We were met right at the pier. We chose tour #1 for shopping first then up to higher heights for amazing views and photo ops. Small note regarding the shopping - we were dropped at a local flea market type area, which didn't really interest me. Too many items made in China and such. I prefer locally made items. If you look around there is a lot more shopping to be found very near there. We found some very nice shops just across the street from the flea market area. The Botanical garden is small but an amazing view (free entry) and a chance for restrooms. The Banana Daiquiri was amazing (free) and the view from the back of this building is unbelievable. Restrooms and shopping here as well. We were dropped at Megans Bay for a couple of hours - the cleanest beach with white sand and clear warm water. Nice facilities - $4 each entry fee. Again amazing! We were picked up and dropped at the ship as agreed with no problems. The only thing we missed with this tour was the one on one with the tour operator. He was in a compartment where he could talk to us on a pretty poor sound system. We had no way to communicate with him. I saw many other tours with the same kind of vehicle - so I think that is much the norm in St Thomas. All is all it was great for the price. We had a full day and loved it. We would do it again. If you reserved on line and find they don't show at the pier it is very easy to hop onto another tour instead. Lots of people there to help you find what you want and the costs are comparable.

Godfrey is having technical difficulties with their website, we learned. They did meet us after we finally confirmed via email. We texted when we arrived - since it's St Thomas you can do that for no cost with Verizon. I think ATT is the same. We were met right at the pier. We chose tour #1 for shopping first then up to higher heights for amazing views and photo ops. Small note regarding the shopping - we were dropped at a local flea market type area, which didn't really interest me. Too many items made in China and such. I prefer locally made items. If you look around there is a lot more shopping to be found very near there. We found some very nice shops just across the street from the flea market area. The Botanical garden is small but an amazing view (free entry) and a chance for restrooms. The Banana Daiquiri was amazing (free) and the view from the back of this building is unbelievable. Restrooms and shopping here as well. We were dropped at Megans Bay for a couple of hours - the cleanest beach with white sand and clear warm water. Nice facilities - $4 each entry fee. Again amazing! We were picked up and dropped at the ship as agreed with no problems. The only thing we missed with this tour was the one on one with the tour operator. He was in a compartment where he could talk to us on a pretty poor sound system. We had no way to communicate with him. I saw many other tours with the same kind of vehicle - so I think that is much the norm in St Thomas. All is all it was great for the price. We had a full day and loved it. We would do it again. If you reserved on line and find they don't show at the pier it is very easy to hop onto another tour instead. Lots of people there to help you find what you want and the costs are comparable.

We are doing this tour next week - the sight seeing and the beach part. My question is, do you need to wear your swimsuit under your clothes or is there somewhere to change at Magen's Bay?

We are doing this tour next week - the sight seeing and the beach part. My question is, do you need to wear your swimsuit under your clothes or is there somewhere to change at Magen's Bay?

There are nice restrooms and changing areas at the beach. There is a charge if you want to rent a beach chair - we took towels and made it just fine on the beach, which is very clean. We spent most of our time in the water so all was good! Enjoy!!

We're there lockers for your purse or wallet while u were in the water at Megan's bay?

I didn't see any storage lockers. The tour guide did offer to lock things up in the front of the bus with him while we were there. The beach was not crowded when we were there, and our things were never out of sight.

Thanks so much. We go in February and have received a confirmation email from Godfrey. I read that there are paddle boats to rent at Magen's so thinking we might do that but concerned about our sail and sign card and ID and cc. Wonder if I could find a little waterproof wallet to take with us on the paddle boat. Maybe we could just leave things with Godfreys tour guide locked up. Did he stay there with u? I was under the impression they drop you off for the beach part and then come back and get you?

Thanks so much. We go in February and have received a confirmation email from Godfrey. I read that there are paddle boats to rent at Magen's so thinking we might do that but concerned about our sail and sign card and ID and cc. Wonder if I could find a little waterproof wallet to take with us on the paddle boat. Maybe we could just leave things with Godfreys tour guide locked up. Did he stay there with u? I was under the impression they drop you off for the beach part and then come back and get you?

The guide does not stay. He keeps things in the front cab with him. No passengers sit in there with him. You will see when you are there, then you can decide. The waterproof pouch might be a good idea...or the rental spot might have a place to store things. We did not rent anything when we were there, but we did see them. It's all very easy to find and the area seems safe. No problems. Have a great time!