Wait list in the MDR question

kembo

We are sailing on the Fantasy on the Halloween cruise with a group of 23 friends. We have the 6 pm dining. My son & his girlfriend decided to go with us at the last minute. They have Yourtime dining but are wait listed for the 6 pm dining with us. Our travel agent said to go to the dining room when we board & speak to the Maitre d & see if they can be moved. Has anyone ever done this & have you been successful in getting your MDR seating changed & how early after we board can we go to see the Maitre d?

Make sure that your son's booking number is LINKED to yours! That should help, and if not, as noted above, go to the dining room on embarkation day, and speak to the maitre'd. Good luck, and once again, make sure the booking numbers are linked!!!!! The Maitre'd is usually available for questions/requests about 1 P.M., but check your Fun Times, or ask at the Guest Services desk about his/her availability, and when and where he/she will be available.

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster
additional info

Yes we were successful with doing this. Simple enough and is exactly like your TA suggested. Alternately, you could try emailing ahead of time. Although I have only read about people successful with this. The one time I tried (actually for my upcoming cruise) I did not (yet?) receive a reply back. Hoping to still hear back or walk in and see that our request is filled. I emailed to cqmaitred@carnival.com for the Conquest maitre d' so using the formula that someone on CC suggested Freedoms might be cfmaitred@carnival.com if it is not I am sure someone will be along to correct this.

Hope it works out for you

Happy sailing.

I emailed to cqmaitred@carnival.com for the Conquest maitre d' so using the formula that someone on CC suggested Freedoms might be cfmaitred@carnival.com if it is not I am sure someone will be along to correct this.

I think perhaps the e-mail for the "Freedom" Maitre'd might be: frmaitred@carnival.com. If the other one doesn't work, give that a shot.

"SKY"

As others have suggested, the Maitre'd will be the one to help you.

Our situation was the reverse where we wanted YTD which wasn't available by the time we booked.

The Maitre'd said he would change us the 2nd night which he did . Worked out fine.

I have had experience with this. I was part of a wedding cruise with friends and I was the only one in the group with MTD. We managed to squeeze me in to a table with my friends but it was very awkward, the 8 top with 9 as the dining room was full.

I actually had the first night in the MTD and I shared a table with another woman and it was a lovely dinner, great conversation and I enjoyed myself. Another night I gave up my seat to someone else who was attending the wedding that had been assigned the late seating, also missing out on eating with our party. I had dinner in the buffet and I actually thought that was the best place to eat! I had a window seat, could watch the sunset and it was spectacular that night and the dining room was actually quiet. I could hear the piped in music and those who were in conversation didn't have to shout over all the background babble that is normally in the MDR.

Good luck with your quest, I hope it works out as you wish.