Venice water taxi

Following up on my previous question - 4 of us, taking the train to Venice.

We are staying at Hotel Mercurio on Calle di Fruttariol, which is very close to St. Mark's. Not right on the Grand Canal, though it is on a smaller canal. The hotel info says it's a 5 minute walk from the Vaporetto, and the map they gave me shows one bridge to cross.

We are fairly good walkers, but my mother is 80, and I'm concerned about the vaporetto thing being too tiring for her. However, we also want to be as economical as possible!!

Anyone know what the price for a water taxi from the train might be? The Vaporetto?

Thanks All!

There will be 8 of us from the Millennium going to the Locanda Orseolo in Venice after our cruise. Can all of us...with our luggage....fit into a water taxi? Any idea how much it will cost?

Anne

There were 12 of us on August 18, 2005 that shared a water taxi from the Grand Princess to the Locanda Orseolo, and we have about 15 pieces of luggage between us all. We all piled in and there was enough seating. It was tight up front with the luggage and some of it had to go in the back. We ended up paying roughly 11.00 per person for the trip. Each family (4 families) tipped at least 5.00 Euro's.

Since I did not purchase the ticket I cannot tell you the exact cost but the quote originally was about 80 Euro's. I just paid the person who stood in line as 11.00 per person was a lot cheaper than 80 or 90.

You will love Barbara, Francisco, et. al. at the Locanda. Tell them, Lisa and Derek send regards.

Archived