breakfast in a concierge room on Marina

joiedevivre

Can you get a warm breakfast in a concierge room? When they serve it do they put down a table cloth? On Seabourn they would raise the coffee table place a tablecoth and silverware and serve the breakfast.I like the set up . Is it similar? Can you order a thermal container for your coffe every morning? I like it hot.

...and just in case you forgot to leave a wake up call or set the alarm, Room Service calls with a friendly 'good morning! Your breakfast is on the way and will arrive in a few minutes." ...or something similar.

They do a nice job. I think you will be pleased. :)

Oh, and even though gratuities are supposed to be inclusive on a daily basis (or included or given by TA, etc.) we always give the room service crew member a little something extra. They are always so very pleasant, perky and nicely dressed in their white jackets first thing in the morning delivering breakfast to (at least in our room) some rather scary looking senior citizens.

Edited by willidc
additional thought

We like to order room-service breakfast on port days. The selection is great. Food always arrives on time and hot. I don't remember if there is a table cloth involved. We always enjoy breakfast on the veranda before we start our day in port.

We give the crew member $5, and they are always very appreciative.

And we are pikers who figure the gratuities are covered. I suppose this thread will now become a long tirade about why we should tip the room service waiters because they are "volunteers" who want to pick up some extra cash. I just want the OP to know that even without the extra tips breakfast is delivered hot and on time.

We were in concierge on the Riviera last February. I thought that we should have breakfast in our room on one of the mornings. We put our order on the door knob the night before. It was brought in the morning but they put the tray on the bed and we ate at the "coffee" table. It was such a hassle that we never did it again.

I remember being in a concierge on one of the R ships a few years before and they took the table topper from behind the sofa and put the white tablecloth over it and set the table. It was enjoyable that time.

Check to see if there is a table topper against the wall behind the sofa.

o

The tables on the R-ships are higher than the tables on the O class ships

We were in a B cabin on Marina ordered breakfast ..it was not comfortable to eat off the coffee table

Never bothered on Riviera in A cabin

Unless they can raise the height of the table you will be eating off your lap