Cabanas and Great Stirrup Cay

nbsjcruiser

Hi all,

Posted this question on the private islands board and didn't find out any new information so re-posting here.

We've got a small cabana for our upcoming cruise on the Sky in November. Do you get a chance to pick your location for your Cabana? If so, is there one place that perhaps is better than most? I've heard mention of the lagoon area - is it possible to get a small cabana in that area?

Hmmm. Can I ask why you picked the small we keep going back and forth between small and large. Thank you.

The reason we picked the small one is there are only 3 of us. We thought we would leave the large ones for larger groups. Plus it is cheaper.

Thanks, I was hoping we'd be in that area. Is the buffet nearby?:D

Yes and no. There is a grill area with tables and such but according to a guy from ShorEx they only use it when the Breakaway is visiting. The buffet is about a 10 minute walk from the cabanas.

Ok thank you. That's a good reason. I have 7 people and want to be close to the water but also want room for the family to fit. Thank you.

You have to climb stairs to get to the large cabanas. The small cabanas are priced for 6 people and if you want to register the 7th there is a small fee.

Thanks, I was hoping we'd be in that area. Is the buffet nearby?:D

It's about a 10 minute walk but honestly I wouldn't waste my time. We used our $50 credit to buy a bottle of sparkling wine and a charcuterie platter for the 4 of us. Between the platter and the chips and salsa you'll have plenty of food.

It's about a 10 minute walk but honestly I wouldn't waste my time. We used our $50 credit to buy a bottle of sparkling wine and a charcuterie platter for the 4 of us. Between the platter and the chips and salsa you'll have plenty of food.

Any idea what other things they had for food that you could order? Any idea how much a bucket of beer is?

Any idea what other things they had for food that you could order? Any idea how much a bucket of beer is?

If I remember right it's about $25 for a bucket of beer plus gratuity. Post 14 in this thread has an image of the menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990627&highlight=cabana+menu

You make your selection and turn it into guest services before getting the GSC. We bought a bottle of rum with our credit in order to use the whole credit (it is supposed to only be used on the island). We were allowed to bring the unused rum back onboard.