First cruise - gifts on board

squick64

I'll be going on my first cruise later this year, arranged and paid for by my parents. As it is in December, this trip will also constitute my Christmas visit, so I'm thinking it might make sense to order them something on the ship, like flowers or wine, rather than giving them the usual inexpensive "junk" for Christmas (especially when they've just spent four figures to bring me on the trip).

Anyway, I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions. Interest-wise, they very much like wine but wouldn't be interested in massages or gambling. I found the gift list online, but I don't know how some of it works or if it's a good deal. I'm looking to spend maybe $250, give or take.

Also, I gather I don't need to know our booking number to arrange it? I know the ship, dates, and room numbers.

Thanks!

You don't need the confirmation number to send your parents gifts.

You can call Ships Services if you want to arrange particular wine to send them.

1-800-541-1576

I don't know your parents but would they like HAL robes with their names personalized on them? They are available for purchase and both would come within your budget. You also can send them flowers if you wish. Look around on line at the HAL site under Indulgences/Gifts and if you need help, call the number I provided.

Welcome to CC. Happy you found us. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would wait until you are on the ship to buy the flowers. You can go to the front desk and ask to see their book of what is available. This way you know that they will be made fresh.

I would also pay for a night at the Pinnacle Grill and buy a nice bottle of wine. You can pre-purchase the Pinnacle Grill and have that paid before you get on the ship - that way you can select the day and time you want. Once on the ship, you can go to the Pinnacle and select a bottle of wine to go with the dinner -- that way it will already be there at the table or arrive shortly after you get there.

Whenever we cruise with my mother I always buy flowers ahead of time so they are in her cabin upon arrival. I also buy her a bottle of Bailey's----she loves it as an after dinner drink. I like the previous posters suggestions of personalized robes and dinner at the Pinnacle Grill with wine. All great ideas.